Tilikum finally soon to be free!

today.com/video/notorious-ki … m=referral

Good the whale shows are ending. Too bad that none of the current captive whales can be released because apparently they cant live in the wild anymore.

Tilikum has spent his life behind bars. These whales swim hundreds of miles a day in the wild. Living in a pool is like a person spending his life in the bathroom.

How would a human being fare living in a bathroom for 30 plus years?

It was never right to enslave killer whales.

The dolphins and seals shows should be retired as well.

We have Cirque du soleil, a circus without any animals. ! We don’t need circuses with animals anymore.

I would like to see Tilikum freed after pulling out of his bad health. Even if he only lived a short time in the wild, at least he would taste the oceans as he left them at a tender age of 2 when he was netted off Iceland.

I am sure he would love to go “home”.

He’s killed three humans but I pronounce him NOT GUILTY by reason that he is a Killer Whale !

If i ever go to Japan, I’ll be sure and try some. After all, I wouldn’t want them to go extinct without me learning how delicious they are.

not so sure they eat orca here. more southern right whales and mike whales. caught from the southern antarctic, where Japan has zero rights, traditional or otherwise, to hunt.

WTF

It’s scientific research!

“Hypothesis: That whale is delicious.”

Tilkum has a bacterial infection and is going to die soon and would not survive in the wild now, that’s what I’ve heard anyway.

Weird fact, captive orcas dorsal fins are floppy.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Tilkum has a bacterial infection and is going to die soon and would not survive in the wild now, that’s what I’ve heard anyway.

Weird fact, captive orcas dorsal fins are floppy.[/quote]

WEll if that is the case, they owe it to him to truck him off to the nearest ocean and let him have his last days there far out to sea.

Explaining this, from an article in Vox:

I’m a little skeptical that taking Tillikum out to the ocean would be humane. We’ve kept this poor thing in captivity for almost all of his life, and now that he’s mortally ill, we’ll throw him out in the ocean, a place he no longer knows how to deal with? “Oh, you’re 60 years old, and you’re dying of cancer, you’ve been in jail since you were 15, and you don’t know anyone at all in the outside world - OK, we’re going to drop you off in Skid Row for the last few weeks of your life. Enjoy your freedom!”

He’s able to swim still and he is dying. Let him have a taste of freedom before he expires. It doesn’t matter anymore.

Like my dad, he would take puff from his cigarette and a puff from the oxygen tank. By that stage it didn’t matter.

As long as he is able to see and swim , let him be out there . I think he would know whats up anyways. And he would finally get a taste of freedom. Who knows , the waters of the deep ocean could even cure him. The will to live may set in and miracles happen.

Keeping him in his pool is inhumane. If he is in misery and terminal then he should be put to sleep, rather then allowed to suffer. If he is not terminal and ambulatory, let him go free.

Put him out in the ocean near San Diego. Some ten miles offshore. Let him be a WHALE.

He can go out having a WHALE OF A GOOD TIME. :slight_smile:

Stop blubbering!

Why feed him to the sharks, when human beings could be feasting on him?

Fun fact: golf bags used to be made out of whale scrotum.

He’s been so pumped with antibiotics and so forth, let the Japanese eat him if they want.

Orca sushi?

He’s going to have a whale of a time.

:cactus:

theinertia.com/environment/a … sanctuary/

Still they wont let them go. They really should just let him swim far out to sea. A last romp in the waters and freedom at last.

My first job ever was making mink food- for the little furry animals kept in tiny cages from birth while they went psychotic until they were old enough to kill to make fur coats.

We used to use whale meat.

Sorry, I have to go downstairs to sign for a parcel bomb from PETA.

[quote=“MikeN”]My first job ever was making mink food- for the little furry animals kept in tiny cages from birth while they went psychotic until they were old enough to kill to make fur coats.

We used to use whale meat.

Sorry, I have to go downstairs to sign for a parcel bomb from PETA.[/quote]

CAn’t imagine how any of that would be legal. The things we do to animals. Sure some of them we have to kill, but we shouldn’t make life miserable for them.

Tilikum. Captured at the age of 3, lived in prison for the next 33 years. His kind can live past 100.

Too bad they never set him free in his last few years to enjoy a bit of freedom. And who knows he may have recovered and lived a long life at sea.

It is time to end all imprisonment of dolphins and whales.