Time traveller in Chaplin film - 1928

Just saw this
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … stery.html

It does look very much like she is on a cell phone - but it could be a hoax.

Has anyone got other links to time travel stories?

I was going to post this in the UFO thread but figured it is different enough to warrant its own thread?

Just how clearly can you see the cell phone? :wink:

That’s what I thought. :unamused:

i’d forgotten how banal the Daily Mail is. Must be a slow news day

Why would someone who could travel through time need a hand held device to communicate? Who would they be talking to? Kinda hard without any 1928 satellites. This is just a common gesture misinterpreted by modern minds. I’m more interested in that zebra. If there were time traveling tourists believe me we would have already seen their graffiti and found their trash. They would have stolen stuff and shagged our women too.

I saw a photo of the construction of the Tower Bridge in London (it’s on display in the museum inside the bridge itself). In the photo, one of the construction workers has his hand up to his head in a manner that makes him look like he’s using a cell phone. The photo was taken between 1886 and 1894.

Ah hah, fooled them again with my zebra disguise.

But by this logic anyone filmed in pre-cell phone history with their hand to their ear can be automatically assumed to be talking on a cell phone. If you could master inter-dimensional travel and warp time why would even want to view the past in a 3 dimensional form? That’d be like dressing in a cow suit to tour India.

Wait,…that explains a lot…

Aliens in our midst! Finally! The incontrovertible evidence! Be as skeptical as you like, unbelievers! The facts are right there in front of your face!

One of those pesky time travelers with community college educational background wanting to kill Hitler, mistaking him with Chaplin because of same mustache and then asking for instructions. Totally clear to me. Why do we even discuss this?

But then how do you explain that brilliant limping, fat old lady disguise? Only a true genius could have come up with the detail and planning. Unless…it really is a limping, fat older woman!
In 1928 the Nazi party was a limp-wristed band of unorganized thugs with 3% of the vote-but it would be a perfect time to kill Hitler before he gained power and made them into and organized band of thugs. Sending the fat lady in to kill Hitler before the opera was over is poetic if not genius. Why so far off the mark? Chaplin was in Burbank, Ca. not Germany. Why not just send a girl with humungus boobies to kill George W. Bush at a kegger party in college?

Just time-traveled back here from 2017 but still don’t know all the answers. Please note: temporal disturbance may lead to having my posting date shown as 2017 (my point of origin). But I am really here in 2010. Trust me.

(BTW, be careful in traffic, with cops and all)

Be sure not to mess around with the timestream, or you might prevent JEB Bush from being elected. Or something.

Ups.

“As a new paper by researchers at Princeton explains, time travel may indeed be possible under certain conditions, and if specific physics models are accurate. The only catch? It requires a wormhole in space that would allow a human to survive the journey, and we could only go forward in time, not backward.”

I don’t need a wormhole for that, just need a tunnel, go in and come out the other side in the future.

Ketamine will do that for ya

:pleading_face: