Toddler and baby necessities

I recently got a job offer in kaohsiung and I have never been in Taiwan. I just want to know if I can get soy formula. My son and daughter drink Gerber soy formula. What is the price range?
I do not know if they have something similar as the WIC program, but if they do, i am sure is not foreigners. Any information or suggestion on my kids visas or anything else i should know about, please let me know. Thanks.

Your childfrn would be here under your ARC or resident visa, which means you can sponsor them, that is no problem. After residing 4 months, you have the right/obligation to join the National Health Insurance program, which will allow you to have access to high quality, reasonably priced medical services and such. Though that, you may get highly subsidized supplements according to your childrens’ conditions and dietary needs.

Taiwan has a large vegetarian population, hence soy products are aplenty and varied and very affordable. We may not have Gerber per se or it may not be easy to find, but there are European brands and local brands as well to choose from.

As a foreigner working in Taiwan, you will be earning at least double what the locals make. Moreover, you will be glad to find that the cost of living is a lot lower. Kaohsiung may be even lower that Taipei. With two kids daycare might be your biggest expenditure, but there are a lot of programs to choose from, locals and in Chinese of course. There are certified baomu/in house babysitting in almost every neighborhood. You can choose as per your means.

Thank you soooo much for the information. I am still worried though, because I was reached out by an agent that says that he will search the job for me and that his agency is called Chung Kung job center (I can’t find anything online)…all I have to do is send my resume and show up at the interview. The only thing I have to show is my degree, eventhough my degree is not in Eduction. He told me that i do not need a tesol certification. Also he said it would be a full time job.
I do not if his legit or their trolling me. He has not ask for money or anything…he just offered a “guarantied” job.

Being that sparse on information sounds like he might be trying to set you up to work at a school illegally on visitor’s status. I would do more research about working in Taiwan. Plenty of information on these forums and other websites to peruse at your leisure.

That is what I thought…though he said I could skype with him and the school that would be willing to hire will provide me my ARC & health insurance …nothing more… Relocation, housing and any other expenses will be run by me, which I find it hard to do, because he said that I should be there ASAP. Of course, I have not send him my information yet. I want to make sure first if is legit and if is normal for the school not to provide housing, because all the adds I have seen provide the housing part. I do not mind if they don’t (it would help a lot), but I have two babies and I am not just going to go and venture to the unknown.

hey, i would like to ask you, my nephew is around 6 months old and my sister in law is giving him Morinaga BF-1 baby formula. Reason i am asking is that he has not grown that better having that baby formula. Which one would you recommend to switch too.
And what extra benefit do we have with soy formula like how is it different.

Regards

First we would need to know if he is alergic to milk protein and how severe it would be, or if he has some severe colics. My son started with Geber Goodstart (most parents and hospital choose this) but, he turned out to be alergic to milk protein. If that his case…then the ideal thing is to find a formula that has the milk enzyme more disperse like Nutramigen (price is so so) and Elecare (this one is very expensive, but is the one the enzyme more disperse), both work well with colic pains. My son ended up with Elecare.
After a few months I changed his formula to Gerber Soy Formula , because budget wise it is affordable.
He has grown very healthy. He has a good wieght and height.
If your nephew is six month, he is suppose to start with solid food. Once again, if he has any health condition start with rice cereal only and then introduce slowly any other food.
But yes, Nutramigen, Elecare, Gerber Soy Formula and Gerber Soothing are good options. @graceinc

My son and daughter have use these formula and they have grown very healthy in all aspects. They have not gotten sick (thank all gods of all religions). Of course, vaccination plays an important part too. I recommend to consult a pediatrician they usually help you choose the right formula for the babies. @graceinc

That so nice of you @KarlaDarel Providing me with the detailed suggestion. I will have to recommend what you said to my sister now. As for the moment he is taking some rice cereals along with mothers milk around 3-4 times in 24hrs.