Toilet Paper: Toilet or Can?

I give you points for use of terms like “deuce” and “log,” but I wonder if you’re self aware enough to realise that, as much as the situation sucks, there isn’t much you can do about it other than to adapt or find an alternative.

I used to flush the school toilet after using it. Then the teachers told us to stop the frequent flushing in order to save water.

I have found an alternative… going to print it out soon in mandarin:

“If you are having a sad day.
Just remember that someone on this floor is not even capable of flushing the toilet after using it.”

It was in a lovely font and posted in a framed picture I found online… but its saved on my home computer for now.

[quote=“downtownandrew”]I have found an alternative… going to print it out soon in Mandarin:

Just remember that someone on this floor is not even capable of flushing the toilet after using it.”

It was in a lovely font and posted in a framed picture I found online… but its saved on my home computer for now.[/quote]

Is the foul language really necessary??

Go to the night market. Buy a few of those little “BANGERS” that explode on impact. Put oneon the inner toilet seat between the bumper and the porcelain.
Then, post a sign, “FUSH OR THE NEXT EXPLOSION WILL BE A STICK OF DYNAMITE AIMED AT YOUR ASS”

[quote=“Rocket”][quote=“downtownandrew”]I have found an alternative… going to print it out soon in Mandarin:

It was in a lovely font and posted in a framed picture I found online… but its saved on my home computer for now.[/quote]

Is the foul language really necessary??[/quote]

Foul language? Do you have virgin ears… not one curse word is listed in that statement.
Do you really need a lecture on the underhanded implications of this poetic statement?

[quote=“2Enigma”]Go to the night market. Buy a few of those little “BANGERS” that explode on impact. Put oneon the inner toilet seat between the bumper and the porcelain.
Then, post a sign, “FUSH OR THE NEXT EXPLOSION WILL BE A STICK OF DYNAMITE AIMED AT YOUR ASS”[/quote]

Hmm. Good plan. If anyone in the entire continent of Asia, EVER, had put the toilet seat down …

OP, you sure do know how to paint a picture. As I was reading the description I could feel the humidity, hear the mosquitoes and smell the logs.
We have an in-office toilet. We have one guy who likes to spray all over the place and leave yellow urine everywhere (which I have to wipe up if I’m next). Actually we have two guys who like to do that.
And we have one female coworker who likes to leave a mushy log at the bottom and not flush it away properly.

I just came back from Tibet. You don’t know how easy you have it.

Yak shit floating In your milk would be rough alright.

“If it’s yellow, let in mellow. If it’s brown, flush is down” :taz: :taz: :taz:

My friend told me that what dog crap on the street is to Taipei, human crap on the street is to Lhasa.

Yeah, humanity sucks. “We” of the 12st century think we’re so smart… but most of us haven’t gotten a clue of even the most basic things…

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle … thy-design

:2cents:

Thanks Yuli - that’s the first time I’ve seen the phrase “peak phosphorus” (something I’ve been banging on about for years) in a mainstream publication.

:smiley: Nice typo.

:smiley: Nice typo.[/quote]

Actually, when you think more about it, you may come to the conclusion that this applies to all the centuries between about 12 and 21. :wink:

conscientious discussion …but let us keep in mind that them not flushing paper hasn’t a thing to do with the environment. they don’t give a shit about the environment. had they been flushing for all these decades and suddenly the government said ‘no, stop! it isn’t sustainable!’ they’d do whatever granddad says to do for he knows best. (ie. they’d continue to flush)

the day this island or this world gets savvy about the environment i’m on board. for now mine get flushed. having the family’s shit smeared papers accumulated in a trashcan indoors is absolutely disgusting.

Taiwanese have used “slurry trucks” to move these dump to the treatment facility owned by local governments for a long time. It is not true that these shit will be flushed into the rivers.

“slurry” is such a lovely word for a suspension of shit.

I think all this discussion about building codes/plumbing standards is horseshit anyways.
The real problem is that, unlike the West, there’s no guarantee that the user owned/facility provided bumwad is sufficiently…what’s the word, “dissolvable”??
Stick a paper towel or two down your bog in Des Moines or Montreal or Shepherd’s Bush, and you’re going to have poopy shoes pretty quick.
Same goes here, when more than half the time there’s no paper provided, heaven knows what people are going to use.
Or, like in my office building, the arena rolls they supply, while, on the one hand indicating that we’re having a good year financially, are decidedly not sewerdegradable and would gum up the works pretty quickly in any country.