Toilet Paper: Toilet or Can?

Yes, let’s not fill the nations garbage dumps with shit. Let’s fill the nations rivers and streams. :laughing:

But honestly, do any of you foreigners ever put the paper in the bin? I would never do such a filthy thing as to leave my shit paper in an open bin.

Flush and run baby!

Clean pinchers would reduce this problem but would require a high fibre diet.

Hey but there seems to be an obsession here for using tissue for any reason. Maybe they should clamp down on that too

[quote=“TomHill”]But honestly, do any of you foreigners ever put the paper in the bin? I would never do such a filthy thing as to leave my shit paper in an open bin.

Flush and run baby![/quote]

I carry a small pack of baby wipes with me when venturing out. I certainly don’t have the hardest ass or ability to clean properly using sandpaper.
These wipes do go into the bin

Tissue goes down the bowl

There’s nothing quiet like the feeling and smell of being in a bog in 35C heat with the paper in the bin beside you. I avoid taking a dump in other toilets as much as possible, and at home take a shower after a dump

[quote=“TomHill”]But honestly, do any of you foreigners ever put the paper in the bin? I would never do such a filthy thing as to leave my shit paper in an open bin.

Flush and run baby![/quote]

I totally agree. I don’t think I have ever used the bin. It’s just too gross! When I first got here 7 years ago people told me to bin it. But I flushed anyway, fearful and intent at the toilet, waiting for a catastrophe that never happened. After that early experience, I’ve been (yeehaaa!) flushin’ away ever since. If it feels right, do it.

Alls I can say is good thing that Indiana gal aint here :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue:

I was in a coupla of those high falutin hotel rooms with them bid day thingys. And I could never figure em out. Are you supposed to sit on em? There aint nothing to put down , no seat . Are you supposed to just sort of hover over em?? Are ya supposed to face em or face away from em?? Too much bother. I use em to wash mah feet.

Plus the frickin water jet is hard to focus on. U dont get the temperature right and KAZOW you ALL FREEZIN OR TOO DANG HOT>

How to Use a Bidet

How to Use a Bidet[/quote]

What a waste of water. And you still need to dry yourself afterwards with - yes - toilet paper.

Clean people use water, the rest of you are revolting infidels.

I estimate there’s around a kilo of collective cling on crud in each MRT car during peak hours. Some days, you can actually smell it.

HG

Well, my two year old has conducted several toilet tissue experiments with our toilet and the conclusion is, we cannot flush tissue down it. And you should see what comes BACK UP during those heavy afternoon rain showers…

So my question is…

If you’re in a public restroom with no new toilet paper, what do you use if there’s not a bucket of used paper sitting next to you?

[quote=“Puppet”]So my question is…

If you’re in a public restroom with no new toilet paper, what do you use if there’s not a bucket of used paper sitting next to you?[/quote]

Ugh dont want to go there. But i will use virtually any other resource other then using someones Used toilet paper. Double UGH.

EPA flushes Tainan’s loo paper disposal campaign
U-BEND U-TURN: An official said only 18 percent of the nation’s toilets feed into sewage treatment systems; for the rest the paper would flow into rivers and waterways

STAFF WRITER, WITH CNA
Thursday, Jul 10, 2008, Page 2

The Environmental Protection Administration urged the public yesterday not to flush toilet paper.

Wang Yue-bin (王嶽斌), a section chief with the Water Quality Protection division, made the remarks in response to a campaign launched by the Tainan City Government earlier this week encouraging the public to flush toilet paper as a way to cut disposal costs.

The city’s Environmental Protection Bureau held a press conference on Monday to unveil the results of a study showing that the nation uses 340 tonnes of toilet paper each day.

As used toilet paper cannot be recycled, it must be disposed of through treatment that costs about NT$4,600 per tonne. This costs the nation about NT$600 million (US$20 million) per year, the bureau said.

In response, Wang said that although toilet paper does dissolve in water and that flushing it could cut the nation’s treatment costs, there were negative aspects that outweighed this argument.

Much of the public does not know which toilet papers can be flushed and which papers are too thick and could cause clogging, he said.

In addition, only about 18 percent of toilets feed into sewage treatment systems. If toilet paper is flushed down the other 82 percent of toilets, it flows directly into rivers and other waterways and increases pollution, he said.

Many proponents of flushing toilet paper cite Japan as an example of the benefits of disposing of the paper in this way, he said. The problem is that toilet paper in Japan is made of recycled paper, whereas in Taiwan toilet paper has longer fibers that do not dissolve as quickly, he said.

Japanese toilet paper is also much thinner, while in Taiwan thin toilet paper is considered to be poor quality and doesn’t sell very well, Wang said.

Chou Chun-ti (周春娣), chairwoman of the Conservation Mothers Foundation, echoed Wang’s statement, saying that most of the nation’s toilets and plumbing were not up to par, making them easily clogged.

Chou said she was not against promoting the concept of flushing toilet paper, but that it should only be done in areas where toilets are connected to sewage treatment centers to avoid increasing water pollution.
This story has been viewed 112 times.

Advertising

Copyright © 1999-2008 The Taipei Times. All rights reserved.

[quote=“TNT”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Clean people use water, the rest of you are revolting infidels.

I estimate there’s around a kilo of collective cling on crud in each MRT car during peak hours. Some days, you can actually smell it.

HG[/quote]

Klingons around Uranus?[/quote]

Thats not really a thought I want in my mind when im riding the MRT.

Ask the Italians, they laugh about the rest of Europe not using a bidet … therefor, wipe, flush … use bidet … and be as clean as a … well, you get it … I hope

The trick and the proper thing to do when not flushing is proper folding of the paper, make neat small square packages of the poop paper … but I guess most street level people just are to lazy to fold and dump it shit face up …

[quote=“Puppet”]So my question is…

If you’re in a public restroom with no new toilet paper, what do you use if there’s not a bucket of used paper sitting next to you?[/quote]

I’ve been known to use 20 baht bills while in Thailand. They don’t work all that great, butt better than nothing. :slight_smile:

Eeeewwwwww…

King’s side up or down?

[quote=“tommy525”]
However, modern toilets and plumbing in Taiwan are able to handle discarded toilet paper, the department said, urging people to cultivate the habit of disposing of toilet paper in this way, not only to reduce costs but also to prevent the spread of harmful bacteria.[/quote]
What fantasyland are these officials living in if they think most Taiwanese toilets and plumbing systems are modern? One place I stayed at (in Taipei) still had an open sewer running from the bathroom, through the back yard, and down a hole in the street.