Top Parenting Online Resources in Taiwan (Chinese)

Hi Folks,

I have a request.

Can someone please provide some good links to some of the top parenting resources available in Taiwan in Chinese. (Taiwanese websites)

Meta-Blogs, Blogs, forums, archives, online-magazines etc…

My Chinese just isn’t good enough to do the necessary keyword searches and then filter through the link-bait stuff.

I think this would be a good idea (and potentially a good sticky idea) since so very many of the parents reading this forum are expats with Taiwanese partners. Might be nice for us to be able to point out some suggested reading to our Taiwanese spouses without having to ask them to do all of the legwork.

Thanks in advance.

parenting.cw.com.tw/web/default.do - Online parenting mag by Tian Xia
www.babyhome.com.tw - Probably the no. 1 parenting discussion board in Taiwan

[quote=“sedition”]I think this would be a good idea (and potentially a [color=#FF0000]good sticky idea[/color]) since so very many of the parents reading this forum are expats with Taiwanese partners. Might be nice for us to be able to point out some suggested reading to our Taiwanese spouses without having to ask them to do all of the legwork.
[/quote]
Done!

Great!

I wouldn’t call myself a parenting resource, but I did have some articles by Elizabeth Pantley translated into Chinese:

littlewonders.com.tw/index.p … 7v5h1k7rl5

Here’s the English:
littlewonders.com.tw/index.p … anguage=en

Topics so far: Diaper changing; how to calm your crying baby; postpartum depression; separation anxiety

If you are trying to start some discussion with your partner about parenting issues, maybe these short articles will be useful. You can each read in either Chinese or English, then talk about the material.

My sister didn’t like the crying baby one at all, but just reading it got us talking about different ideas we have.

Is there a site where i can see all kid related events in Taipei? Thank you!

Is there a site where i can see all kid related events in Taipei? Thank you!

I don’t know of a Chinese-language site that covers all kid-related events in Taipei. There are several sites and magazines that have some information. In the meantime, you can see if my blog has what you are looking for: http://www.kidzone-tw.com. I keep pretty up-to-date with what’s going on at different venues, but the info comes from a lot of different sources. Follow some of the links and bookmark the ones you like. If you read Chinese, http://www.babyhome.com.tw is still a pretty good place to keep up with family stuff in Taiwan.

If you let me know what kind of things you are most interested in, I can try to put you in the right direction.

Thanks a lot asianbaby. I visited your blog and the site you mentioned and it is definitely a great start. Might take you up on your offer and ask you for more info at some point! :wink:

This lady is super progressive (for Taiwanese society). Really inspirational and intentional in how she raises her children. In this post, she doesn’t believe in over-using the word ‘share’ with her kids:
wlf43.pixnet.net/blog/post/30541305

Montessori on the double has several articles in both Mandarin and English. Click on the Taiwan flag on the upper right corner.
montessorionthedouble.com/

This Taiwanese lady lives in California and does a Mandarin blog on parenting. She’s funny and very organized, and does a lot of research:
bluechwonderland.pixnet.net/blog
This is my favorite article of hers on parenting strategies (for young children), it’s like, a gold mine!:
bluechwonderland.pixnet.net/blog/post/106505825

I also do some Chinese ones on mine:
diaperleaks.com
am starting to translate articles but will see how much I get done.