Topographic Maps of Taiwan

MM is right. I recently bought the north volume (details here; forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?p=123444#123444)

It’s a beautiful book and pretty good as far as ‘normal’ roads are concerned, but when you get into the real backroads, concrete tracks etc. it’s not so good. I was exploring some of these tracks this morning, between Taiping, Dakeng and Xinshe (Taichung County). There are several points where tracks link up with each other but the road atlas shows nothing.

I’m thinking of getting a couple of the 1:25,000 topographical maps published by Courant and mentioned above as well as here;
forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?p=64363#64363
Note: although it seems that Courant is still producing the maps, the weblinks have changed. The page concerned with map-buying is here;
courant.com.tw/chinese/images/map/map-02.htm
If you click on the graphic it takes you here;
courant.com.tw:8888/msp/
from whence you can preview the coverage of individual maps by clicking on a county or city name at the top of the page then clicking the relevant area. It seems to be Chinese language only at the moment. If, like me, your Chinese reading skills are limited it might be an idea to pop in to the publishers’ office (Xinyi Rd., Sec. 3, No. 43, 2F
02-2704-3344; thanks Pinesay) so you can choose exactly the map you want.