Tourist sim card in the US?

It? They have multiple plans and different US companies. My ATT SIM last year was 2300 unlimited data and text for a month plus 100 minutes talk time and I renewed it for one month.

I canā€™t attest to how well it works yet, but the process has was super easy. Here are the packages

@teach

I used the t-mobile sim card from here. Worked great. No issues at all.

T-Mobile now offers a US$30 for 3 weeks tourist SIM card plan. Unlimited data, unlimited texting, 1000 minutes of talking on phone.

A bump to this thread.

Iā€™m heading to the states soon and have been doing a bit more research on SIM cards.

This seems to be a good deal from Far East tone. 999NT for unlimited data

https://www.fetnet.net/estore/accessories/usa30-new

I bought a US sim card plan in Taoyuan airport close to where to go into the security check. It was useless for me but I hear others have had a better experience. Not really used for me in Texas or New Mexico.

Iā€™ve used Tmobile before. Good customer service but I find Verizon has more coverage.

Useless because you had no use for it?

Do you remember the rates for them?

The sim card from the Taoyuan airport was useless to me because I had no bars anywhere. Once in a while, internet would work.

I canā€™t remember what I paid for the sim cards. I was trying to maintain a US number with T-mobile for awhile and the extra taxes for a pre-pay card was eating into the value which is why i tried the airport sim card.

Iā€™m checking with my friend about the sim card that she bought here when we were traveling in the US. Says it was really fantastic. Iā€™ll post the link soon.

1 Like

https://new.callingtaiwan.com.tw/products/7-T-Mobileē¾Žåœ‹ę‰‹ę©Ÿé ä»˜å”

This is what my friend used. And they hire cats for managing the chat. So if you have a questionā€¦

I like this place called AeroBile located near Taipei Main Train station that has travel SIM cards for almost anywhere in the world. Info in this thread.

Thanks tango and aikaili, Iā€™ll look into both of these.

Seems like a lot of the SIM card plans all have, first xGB at 4G speeds and then drops down to slower speeds afterwards. Whatā€™s up with that.

Looks really good. Iā€™ll check this out for my next trip.

Agree that T-Mobile prepaid plans work great in the US. I used their prepaid plan exclusively from 2014-2017 (stopped signing contracts in 2014).

Only caveat is their coverage can be spotty. Probably a good idea to check their coverage in the area youā€™ll visit before you buy, just in case. I had 4 bars in my house. Two blocks away in my supermarket I had zero coverage. T-Mobile is infamous for that on the E coast.

But their customer service is great, data speed is fine, call quality is perfect. I once lost my T-Mobile sim card when traveling. They replaced it when I got back in the US, no charge.

I ended up going to Tphone on Saturday since itā€™s a bit easier to park the scoots there than Taipei Main. It was a painless and efficient process. Luckily, I got there around dinner time, so the place was quiet, I assume it can get a bit busy.

I came in the doors, sat down at the counter and the guy asked me:

• What do you need (SIM card with unlimited day that doesnā€™t drop internet speeds)
  • Where are you going
  • What kind of phone do you have
  • How many days are you going for

Once you answer all of the above, he will suggest certain plans and figure out which card is best suited for you. I got the 10 day plan for 1000NT + 1 day for 100NT and it was an AT&T SIM card. The card will activate on the day that I arrive, luckily, I donā€™t have to wait since I arrive late on the first day the card activates.

They also take card! Yaaaaaas!

Thanks for the suggestion!

::EDIT::

They ask where youā€™re going I think because they have different service provider SIMs for different places in the states.

1 Like

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to come back and give some feedback about my experience with Tphoneā€™s SIM card.

I was mostly in Manhattan and the speeds were ok, not very fast, but consistent. I did like how I did not have to call an 800 to activate the card like I did with my Tmobile card.

I highly recommend Tphone. Thanks again to @tango42 !

1 Like