This is just a thread for South Africans who may need assistance with the Visa Process. I have just gone through this process myself and seeing as though it was a bit of a process, i thought why not assist fellow Saffas.
First and foremost this is for holders of a South African Passport.
You need to fill out an online application form at: https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw/BOCA_MRVWeb/subroot/MRV00FORM.action
Once you have filled it out, it will generate a visa application form that you will need to print out.
The following will need to be taken to the Taiwan Liaison Office in either Cape Town or Pretoria:
- A printed Visa Form (which will be generated from your online applciation)
- Your South African Passport (must not expire within the next 6 months)
- 2 Visa Photographs
- An invitation letter from the person or organisation you will be staying with in Taiwan
- A copy of the Resident or ARC card from the person will be staying with
- A 3-month Bank statement (The Liaison Office required me to have R60K in my account for a 60-day visa)
If all of these are met, you haven't lied on your visa application and you aren't a suspicious person, then you should have no issues being granted a visiting/tourist visa.
There is more information at this site: https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw/BOCA_MRVWeb/subroot/MRV00FORM.action