Trans Asia airlines, whats happening

My neighbor is leaving for China,. So are most of his colleagues. Seems they have a shortage of trained people in this area and lo and behold, Taiwan has a surplus.

Yes interestingly there is a shortage of qualified pilots and perhaps other airline related staff. Taiwan staff are perfect with Chinese language ability and regional knowledge, they will be snapped up.

So before all planes become automated they will have the biggest demand for pilots in history. Itā€™s a weird one.

I may have spoken too soon. FAT is apparently eyeing the remains of TransAsia:

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/national/national-news/2016/12/13/486566/Far-Eastern.htm

Guy

Wasnā€™t too long ago when FAT closed its own doors suddenly !
Now the original ownership of FAT has changed and the young owners are more daring. But it needs to move fast to get the capital going before TRansAsia is nothing more then an Air Operatorā€™s Certificate.

it may be nothing more then a pawn play to get in on the upcoming bidding of the former TransAsiaā€™s air routes.

No, they did not literally run off with a ceramic model of a pink pig full of cash.

Iā€™m disappointed. CEOs should do that more often. It would make them seem lovable and reduce their prison sentences. Oh, no, wait, CEOs who fuck up disastrously and lose other peopleā€™s money donā€™t get prison sentences, do they.

Oh man FATs planes look like they all come from the 70s.

Hollywood directors looking for the vintage LA airport landing scene look just head down to Taichung and catch a FATā€¦no need for special effects.

1 Like

You may have just landed yourself a lucrative consultancy role there pal.

I can throw in 70s looking F-16s and cheap conscripts for Top Gun 5 : Cool as Ice.

I donā€™t feel like starting a thread about this, soā€¦

The airline said it was surprised that Yeh had failed the Breathalyzer test, as it had just
recruited the pilot last year from TransAsia Airways Corp (å¾©čˆˆčˆŖē©ŗ), which ceased operations in November.

:rolling_eyes:

1 Like

Ex-TransAsia Airways chief escapes indictment in insider trading case

As usual, laws are for poor people.

1 Like

some guys didnā€™t get away with it, but the airline guys did, the boss goes free, but his aunt got indicted . . .

Four indicted for insider trading of TransAsia Airways shares

Nice to have Guanxi here.

1 Like

Cos they were in her name I guess. Somebody has to take the fall.
EZtravel chairman got done as well. Jailtime wasnā€™t worth it for these rich peopleā€¦