Transportation from airport to Zhonghe

I’ll be arriving at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport on a Saturday late morning in July, then head off to Zhonghe. Is there any public transportation I can use with 2 check-ins and 1 carry-on besides taxi?

If taxi is the only option, does anybody know the going rate just so that I won’t get ripped off. Thanks.

I’d say with that much luggage that a taxi would be easier.

Taxis add 50% to the meter fare when making pick ups from the airport. Depending on where in Zhonghe you are going, I’d guess it would be somewhere around $1200NT in total.

If money is a concern and you’ve got the energy, then: airport bus to Taipei Main Station (about NT$140), then MRT to whatever station is closest to your destination in Zhonghe (Jingan or Nanshijiao) (NT$25). Then, if necessary, taxi from there (NT$70-150).

It’s more work than just taking a cab from the airport, but it’s not that bad. (Worst bit would be schlepping your bags from the bus to the MRT.)

Do the cab drivers take credit card ? Do I need to tip or simply pay whatever the meter runs? Thanks.

By the way, my MRT station is probably Nanshijiao.

I’ve never heard of a cab driver accepting a credit card.

Tipping is not customary Taiwan, and cab drivers don’t expect tips (though they won’t usually object if you tell them to keep the change).

Tipping is not customary Taiwan, and cab drivers don’t expect tips (though they won’t usually object if you tell them to keep the change).[/quote]

Taxi drivers in Vancouver do take credit cards and it’s not unusual.

Thanks for the tipping tip.

After having lived in seven different cities, excluding cities I visited, I’ve learned to never say never – oops , I guess I just did.

After having lived in seven different cities, excluding cities I visited, I’ve learned to never say never – oops , I guess I just did.

Tipping is not customary Taiwan, and cab drivers don’t expect tips (though they won’t usually object if you tell them to keep the change).[/quote]

Taxi drivers in Vancouver do take credit cards and it’s not unusual.[/quote]
In Taiwan, I mean. I’ve seen cab drivers accept them in San Francisco.

You can also take a bus to Banciao for only NT135 and a taxi from Banciao to Chunghe is around NT150-200

it would be much quicker and convenient than going to Taipei and taking MRT with all that luggage.

Luggage on the airport bus is no problem.

there is a ‘bus terminal’ in the both airport terminals and you can ask them which bus goes through Zhonghe. Bus will be between 120-200 NT.

Hi, earlier this week i took a taxi from the 2nd terminal to Jhonghe (JingAn MRT - the station before Nanshijiao) and it cost me $1100. Hope this gives you an indication of price… i traveled at about 7am on a weekday.

I’ve been considering how to lug my suitcases from TPE to wherever I end up staying. I’ve decided to leave some luggage at the airport in those storage things and then go back for it. Will work well enough since I plan on being in Da’an abouts and it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle to just go back.

Maybe you could do this so that way the cheapest route doesn’t kill you on the way.

taoyuan-airport.com/english/ … ?cnid=1194
Seems like it would be around $250NTD, $9USD

So add up storage prices and three ways of the cheapest route. If you have a bunch of time on your hands and it ends up being cheaper… hey why not.

How’s your Chinese? I have a few numbers of cabs that do airports. I usually pay 800NT.

A bit of a bump but just to update this as I just travelled on it myself, but CitiAir Bus 1968 Airport<->Xindian will stop outside Jingan Station in Zhonghe and cost $135. Takes about 45-50m without traffic:

2 Likes