Trouble Deciding Between Jobs - Any Opinion Helps

My impression just from OP’s posts I’ve read is the non teaching job would be better for him even with the said training for the kindy job.

However, it seems any job in Taichung is not an option from the first point, and the actual choice was kindy or online. Then, I think most of us agree that the kindy job would be better.

1 Like

Good luck getting good answers on your next question!

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, the OP does not have open work rights through marriage or APRC, thus making kindy work illegal.

Well, actually, it’s illegal all the way around since English is not allowed to be taught legally at a kindy.

This has been talk about to death on Forumosa.

1 Like

Yes, that is a point I considered. But, for the OP, I thought getting a job to stand on his feet should be the first priority.

At the risk of opening that particular can of worms, the OP might also have Taiwanese relatives or refugee status. Refugee status? I would love to have someone from the MOE explain the logic behind this one day.

@BiggusDickus I appreciate your help. But I was not dishonest with the employer, I told every employer that I had one month experience. :slight_smile:
And based on my demos, and my eagerness to excel at the job, they were okay with that.

Me neither :wink:

That is good advice. A friend in real life, who I talked to about it, had similar advice. I wish you would have just said that from the get go :slight_smile:

1 Like

But wasted advice I guess…

I am not sure what you mean?

Ok, so he’s not Shakespeare but you may want to look at your own writing as well. Teaching kids is inherently chaotic and if you have experience teaching bjj and have competed in tournaments, then you can use those experiences to your advantage. Before teaching here I also taught martial arts for a short while and spent 10 years working in restaurants. All of those experiences helped me to be a better teacher. My suggestion would be to avoid the online teaching. If you like Taipei, then go for the teaching job.

If he’s still choosing between jobs half a year later then he has bigger problems than a shaky grasp of grammar.

1 Like

Ah! I just noticed that this was a thread from last year. For some reason it popped up at the top of my page. Anyhow, I guess I had to get a word in.