Trying to reduce weight!

I lost about 16kgs in 5 months to get ready to go train to fight in Thailand. Here’s what I did to get to 7% body fat.

1. Walk more, I started to walk everywhere I could and got a xiami miband and made sure I keep track of how much I walk.
  2. Don’t snack, eat meals. I never liked snacks but trust me, stop eating in between light meals. Eat real meals that keep you full throughout the day.
  3. Eat anytime you want, don’t believe the bs don’t eat before you sleep bs. As long as you are eating balanced full meals and not over eating and snacking it’s fine. Don’t get caught up with calorie couting, sugar intake, fat intake. Don’t be afraid of fat and sugar, your body needs them to function especially if you are working out. but obviously don’t drink a bunch of soda and eat mcdonalds full of transfat. All i’m saying is keep it reasonable and not to either side of the extreme.
  4. Obviously exercise, and do it consistently. Train your muscles, most of you won’t get big and bulky as easily like people think. I hear women say this all the time not wanting to look like a Olympic lifter or something. Those people lift all day, almost everyday, you won’t look anything like that. You do however burn more calories easily if you have more lean mass. Most girls that are scared of being muscular have zero muscles in the first place. It’s really hard to build muscle, takes years.
  5. No junk food and soda.
  6. Have long term goals, don’t expect to drop 10kgs in a month of 2. I worked out 2 hours a day almost everyday and I only lost 16kgs in 5 months. Although I gained lean mass but my point is to be consistent. Most people who lose weight gain it right back.
  7. Again, don’t do extreme diet and huge calorie deficits. You may lose weight in the beginning, but your body gets used to it and slow your metabolism and you’ll stop losing fat and gain it right back once you eat a little more. The trick is to eat enough and exercise to increase your metabolism.

1 Like