Tsai administration must stop renewing ROC IDs

Those Chinese that escaped with KMT to Taiwan were refugees. They set up an ad hoc governing entity, called Republic of China and then issued ID cards to themselves and also forcibly to the Taiwanese.

So the ROC ID card was a travel document for thise Chinese refuge for traveling within Taiwan and other territories, which the KMT had a control of.

The Taiwanese were not qualified for the ROC ID. The Taiwanese should have issued different identification document for themselves. But their right to do that were abdicted.

Now it’s time to replace the ROC ID card. Tsai administration must stop issuing new ROC IDs or renewing the current ones.

But Tsai is the President of the ROC. What other ID cards can the president of the ROC issue?

Also, I don’t think most of us can vote :wink:

In conclusion, it’s AIT’s right to issue IDs and residency VISA to everyone, foreign or domestic, in accordance with the goal of helping the Taiwanese build their own country.

ROC ID is an issue of international law and law of war, despite that the ROC government has been working hard to misguide people on that fact. Every foreigner, except the citizens of PRC, has a right to demand Tsai administration to act properly when dealing with the ROC IDs. This is the reason I have this post here.

Transferring the sovereignty of Taiwan and Penhu islands slowly and steadily back to ‘the Taiwanese owner’ of the sovereignty is one of the major responsibilities that any president of ROC should do. Issuing two types of IDs is one of many things President Tsai can do to progress toward that goal.

ROC IDs is not only a domestic issue, but also an international one, more precisely, one of ‘Pacific Theater’ of WWII. The ROC government was designated by General McArthur to act as a surrogate governing agency of Taiwan temporarily, so it does not own the sovereignty of Taiwan and Penhu. Therefore, what are the proper types of IDs that the ROC government should give to the Chinese nationalist refugees, the Taiwanese, the international residents staying on Taiwan, and so on should involve the international residents in the discussion.

I think if a foreign national gets involved in criticizing the government or protesting then they can get deported. Questioning the legitimacy of the state is pretty much asking for it.

Legally, sovereignty over Taiwan still belongs to the emperor of Japan, since he never signed any surrender papers. If Taiwan people want to become morally and legally independent, they need to choose a king or queen and then perform a mass horse sacrifice (aƛvamedhā, à€…à€¶à„à€”à€źà„‡à€§). If you don’t want to kill horses (or sleep with one, as the queen does), then I guess you could try the rājasĆ«ya ritual. It involves gifts of cattle, white horses, and gold–also, you have to conquer the world, or at least all your neighbors. I think mah-jongg could substitute for the traditional dice game.

Really, if you’re going to challenge 75-year-old assumptions about the nature of the state, why stop there? Why not also question Western assumptions about international law? It’s all kind of a language game, isn’t it?

3 Likes

He doesn’t seem an English native speaker. May be he is Taiwanese.

And this is why we shouldn’t be in a rush to admit a lot of refugees.

Make Taiwan Great Again!

Yea, although his post encourages foreign nationals to say stupid things about the ROC.

The return of Hartzell? Or just one of his black-clad, banner-waving followers we see parading around these days?

I dont understand OP’s point.
Anyway, I would be glad to have new ROC ID with new photo of myself
yes i m getting old they need to put new me with new hairdo :laughing:

1 Like

xD

Yay! A thread about cat pictures.

No idea what the OPs problem is with ID cards.

I don’t understand what the original person said. Is my English very bad?

It means you’re a sane person.

I think you have to be over 90 and have no living dependents to get one. And you have to pray for at least a lifetime too :praying:

and be a priest, nun or something like that