TSU: Some Immigrants Shouldn't Be Citizens

Nah mate, they’d put you in Dad’s Army, lining up behind those aircraft search lights. No real fighting for you.[/quote]

They’ve shortened military conscription to a year. By the time I qualify I’ll be in my 40s anyway - surely they won’t draft a fat 40-year old paddy into the army? :astonished:

How many single PRC brides have you spoken to? And why does it sound like you’re saying you speak to a large volume of PRC brides? Do you work in immigration or are you a John? :unamused:

How many single PRC brides have you spoken to? And why does it sound like you’re saying you speak to a large volume of PRC brides? Do you work in immigration or are you a John? :unamused:[/quote]That’s each and every Chinese bride, not ‘single Chinese bride’ which is an oxymoron. :unamused:
I know quite a few Taiwanese men with Chinese brides, and I asked all of them. When my father-in-law was in hospital for an extended period I spent a lot of time there looking after him and met a lot of Chinese ‘brides’ working as nannies. Not sure why they would seek out for conversation, maybe they were indeed looking to supplement their income. :shrug:
Take your insinuations and stick 'em where the sun don’t shine.

Nah mate, they’d put you in Dad’s Army, lining up behind those aircraft search lights. No real fighting for you.[/quote]

They’ve shortened military conscription to a year. By the time I qualify I’ll be in my 40s anyway - surely they won’t draft a fat 40-year old paddy into the army? :astonished:[/quote]

I was younger than that and no service for me. They don’t draft you if your over 35 when you get your ID.

They’ve shortened military conscription to a year. By the time I qualify I’ll be in my 40s anyway - surely they won’t draft a fat 40-year old paddy into the army? :astonished:[/quote]

I was younger than that and no service for me. They don’t draft you if your over 35 when you get your ID.[/quote]

Really? 'Kin A ! I’m laughing ! I’m eligible for ROC nationality in 2008. Guess what age I’ll be heh heh!

[quote=“Vannyel”]Maybe Taiwan is afraid it will end up like Europe.
nytimes.com/2004/12/15/inter … f=login&hp

Does Helmut Schmidt suggest that that countries like the UK, France or the USA are authoritarian countries or that their multiculturalism doesn’t work?

I was younger than that and no service for me. They don’t draft you if your over 35 when you get your ID.[/quote]

Really? 'Kin A ! I’m laughing ! I’m eligible for ROC nationality in 2008. Guess what age I’ll be heh heh![/quote]

Seein that we’ve already met, I’d say not quite old enough to join Dad’s Army lol

This has been a good thread. I was just looking over it to try and find some info for some Aussie bloke who wants to bring his PRC missus here. A good discussion, fairly heated at time, but I think we made some progress.

It’s also one of the few threads where I’ve read my own posts and can say I stick by them 100%. Usually I just wish to God posts expired on Forumosa after a year or so.

So I have a proposal. Why not nominate this for a Classic Thread or whatever it is and why not have automatic expiration of threads. If threads are really useful surely they could be nominated as Classic Threads and be retained. Otherwise there is going to be an awful lot of detritus on this forum. Which also buggers up searches. So, how about Classic Threads and automatic expiry after 12 months unless made Classic?

Cross-posted to Feedback.

What utter tosh. I am surprised at you. Replace the word “Chinese” with “Jewish” and read what you wrote again. Shall we make people born in China wear yellow stars too? Thank God people like you are in the minority in the UK or my wife would never have got a British passport. Back to 1930s Germany with you.

Hey you foreigner,s

feeling very tired , by those who always trying criticizing Taiwan, and talking about internal politic, you are a foreigner,s, mostly comming to Taiwan not to drinking tea,or prettending be a careful teacher, if you are here is for money,and nothing else,Taiwan is not your country,and so don’t bother people about your political critics, or view ,if you want to criticizing
Taiwan’s political scene , or be involved, just get the Taiwanese citizenship,and cancel your original.And after that you have right to talking ,and criticizing Taiwanese politic,or whatever.
Just don’t bother others with your silly staff like , i don’t like this,that,there,here, you are not happy go home, don’t like here, don’t stay,and go home,you are here for money ok, so don’t talk about politic, or get the citizenship.

Me too i’m foreigner here, just i don’t bother people about politic, or something else,and i’m here also for money.
So enjoy Taiwan, great coutry where everything is possible.And don’t bother people about your view.

Foreigner44

[quote=“stranger44”]Hey you foreigner,s

feeling very tired , by those who always trying criticizing Taiwan, and talking about internal politic, you are a foreigner,s, mostly comming to Taiwan not to drinking tea,or prettending be a careful teacher, if you are here is for money,and nothing else,Taiwan is not your country,and so don’t bother people about your political critics, or view ,if you want to criticizing
Taiwan’s political scene , or be involved, just get the Taiwanese citizenship,and cancel your original.And after that you have right to talking ,and criticizing Taiwanese politic,or whatever.
Just don’t bother others with your silly staff like , I don’t like this,that,there,here, you are not happy go home, don’t like here, don’t stay,and go home,you are here for money ok, so don’t talk about politic, or get the citizenship.

Me too I’m foreigner here, just I don’t bother people about politic, or something else,and I’m here also for money.
So enjoy Taiwan, great coutry where everything is possible.And don’t bother people about your view.

Foreigner44[/quote]

Where do you get your grass? Seriously. That’s clearly some good shit. Rock on, dude. :sunglasses:

You love it ,or you leave it.

Well since you don’t love it here in this thread, you might want to take up on your own suggestion?

Why can’t we all just get along, man?

[quote=“stranger44”]What utter tosh. I am surprised at you. Replace the word “Chinese” with “Jewish” and read what you wrote again. Shall we make people born in China wear yellow stars too? Thank God people like you are in the minority in the UK or my wife would never have got a British passport. Back to 1930s Germany with you.

Hey you foreigner,s

Just don’t bother others with your silly staff like , I don’t like this,that,there,here, you are not happy go home, don’t like here, don’t stay,and go home,you are here for money ok, so don’t talk about politic, or get the citizenship.

Me too I’m foreigner here, just I don’t bother people about politic, or something else,and I’m here also for money.

Foreigner44[/quote]

To whom or what are you referring to? I don’t see any posts suggesting anything remotely like what you’re ranting about.

Next time, please use the quote function so that people can understand exactly what you are replying to. For all I know you’re responding to some post made in 2002 on page 3.

Why can’t we all just get along, man?[/quote]

I guess we’re still here then. BTW, what is stranger44 on about… ??complains about whinging foreigners when the whinging foreigner is actually stranger44

Why can’t we all just get along, man?[/quote]

I guess we’re still here then. BTW, what is stranger44 on about… ??complains about whinging foreigners when the whinging foreigner is actually stranger44[/quote]

Big Brother says take more soma and be happy.

Just found myself reading this thread all the way through and hexuan, you are right on the friggin button :bravo:.

[quote=“Mr He”]
However, given an ethnic propensity not to honor commitments not in own interest, I would imagine that a fair proportion of the PRC brides would still cheer the missiles on, in case of a PRC attack.[/quote]

A bold statement indeed. If I didn’t know better, I’d say that’s downright racist.

Bring it on I say…let’s renounce the citizenship of all those Taiwanese who went to the US & Canada to give birth - or all those families in Taiwan where everyone but dad is a US citizen so that they can enoy the priveledges but not the tax burden of citizenship :raspberry:

[quote=“Jack Burton”][quote=“Mr He”]
However, given an ethnic propensity not to honor commitments not in own interest, I would imagine that a fair proportion of the PRC brides would still cheer the missiles on, in case of a PRC attack.[/quote]

A bold statement indeed. If I didn’t know better, I’d say that’s downright racist.[/quote]

Yeah how come I didn’t notice that earlier? Must be slipping in my old age…