Turkey from Ed's Diner or anywhere else, what's the best and worst?

I’d like a traditional Thanksgiving at home this year, but I don’t have the time or the oven to roast one myself.

I’ve had a cooked turkey from Jason’s Supermarket before, about 9 years ago. It was horrible. Dry and tasted foul.
This year I’d like something good.

Ed’s Diner is offering a 14lb slow roasted turkey with sweet potato pie for $3,500. Has anyone had an Ed’s turkey before?

Where would you recommend getting a good cooked Turkey or even full Thanksgiving dinner from?

I`d recommend the Landis hotel. They do pre-cooked turkey–quite good.

Years ago, we ordered it from Dan Ryan’s (when it was on Tun-Hua North Road). It was very very good. It’s now located in Hsinyi District. Call them up to see if they still sell the full meal. Had much leftovers and would re-heat them for the next few days for lunch at work. Still tasty.

Sorry to say that Dan Ryan’s is gone now.

A lot of the hotels will do turkey for you, or there are the like’s of Jake’s up in Tian Mou or Florida bakery.

We usually get our turkey from the Far Eastern Shangri-La. Always cooked right and comes with some extras. Link here : http://www.shangri-la.com/taipei/fareasternplazashangrila/dining/offers/details/turkey-feast-to-go/

1 Like

Don’t you mean it tasted fowl?

Badah-Bing!

1 Like

Guys, any recommendations for a quick Turkey Day lunch?

Work is close to Taipei Main, so anything within 20 minutes works. That rules out say Jake’s in Tianmu, and would push it for anything on Xinyi.

Baba kevins is serving turkey all this week.
IMG_1852

1 Like

Yep. I wonder if we can taxi up no problems. And I can’t find the friggin menu/cost…

I had Baba Kevins Turkey last thanksgiving, it was pretty good. Only downside is their side orders are really expensive for the amount you get.

OK, says there it opens at 5pm, so lunch is out.

Man, I had their catering for a Turkey day several years ago, it was guuuud.

It opens for lunch. The original branch at minsheng opens for lunch. The xinyi only after 5.

In that case, case closed.

1 Like

I’ll be going there myself. Love that place.

Jake’s Kitchen was pretty good. We got the whole package to go and invited some people over. It was great. But I think in the future, I would go somewhere and have the dinner in their restaurant. For our package, everything was cooled down and it was hard heating some of it up in the microwave. Baba Kevin’s looks like it would be very good.

Ok, I am back. Now that really hit the spot. Tasty turkey meat with stuffing on top of pilaf rice, salad and two sides. Yummy.

I recommend the brownie.

2 Likes

Actually never tried that. I’ll give it a shot next time.

I see a lot of people in the “Trying to lose weight” thread are also very active here. Hmmmmm.

2 Likes

Of course. Good quality food, plenty of protein and fresh veggies, no processed stuff. Heck, the tea tasted like real leaf stuff, not Lipton. Very little sugar.

Try the nitro coffee. No sugar needed.

2 Likes

All this talk of brownies. What the hell. It’s Thanksgiving. P_20171123_143007_vHDR_Auto

2 Likes