Two women adrift with their dogs....the boat doesn't leak but the story does.

Remember the two women from Hawaii rescued near Japan by the US Coast Guard? TW fishing boat spotted them and apparently tried to tow them and called the USCG. The women now say the TW fishermen tried to kill them.

A blogger dissects their story. Seems the boat was seaworthy but their story …not so much.

I think that must have been one of the most interesting articles I’ve read on Taiwan news in a while, not for the story itself but for the well detailed storyline and for citations of the comments/explanations regarding each of those women’s claim.

Now I have a question, and I’d usually look it up on Google but the possible answer is already channelling my inner rage: have those women started a Gofundme thing looking for donations because:“oh woe is us” ?

“Yo girl, how do we get famous on the internet?”

“I know, let’s take our boat, sail out to sea and lie about every plausible reason for how we survived and how we were saved”

“You had me at sale out to sea”

The fishermen thought they ran into whales. Unless they had a 3rd crewmate they ate. They don’t look like they’re dehydrated and malnourished. They should be barely able to move with muscle atrophy setting in. Body should have used most of the subcutaneous fat for survival. Idk what their diet is. But does not look like people lost at sea even with the best preparation and survival training.

Twenty years ago no American would think their women could go so low. The episode played by those two women has all the new-age hypocrisy hastily packaged: victims, survival story, sisterhood and/or lesbian love on a sinking boat, evil Asian fishermen, white navy knights, and a stupid innocent-looking dog.

What’s next? What new twists will be added to it when the rights are sold to Hollywood studio.

I guess they could sprinkle a bit of patriarchy oppression here and there, or something like:“We decided to leave because we were no longer feeling safe in Trump’s America!”. Shit, Hollywood producers would pay 6 gorillion dollars for a premise like that.

3 Likes

I am really curious:
Where were they all thsi time if they were not living high on the boat?
Why the boat was overloaded. Drugs?

I have heard of weird and dangerous things done for a Facebook post or a Tweet, but this stunt is a bit too weird and not too entertaining. Really, there is no actual danger, so what gives?

They just did it for the shekels.
If I had to make a guess based on a few articles I’ve read after finding out about this story:

a) They tried to pull off a good 'ol scam, pretending that they were trying to go on an epic adventure but bad luck + evil fishermen + whatever and they lost everything, so they need money, possibly from donations and/or people paying for their story

b) They were smuggling drugs, something went wrong, maybe they lost the load because they’re tards, or maybe the people who were receiving the drugs robbed them and left them with no means of communication, so they made up the whole story

I’d say a) is more likely, especially considering how much they’re trying to push the victim hood narrative

The more they add, the more phony it sounds. Being lost at sea should be pretty fucking boring. I mean have you guys been fishing in one afternoon on a boat. The real danger was fighting boredom and pretending this is some fun activity.

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve laughed in my head when reading that 19 reasons blog.

One of the writer’s greatest points is, if they were lost at sea for 5 months, you’d think they come up with a better story.

2 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t mention being assaulted by pirates!

I think the missing element in this story is definitely the Maui Wowie they brought along to sustain themselves on this epic journey. Either they smoked it all themselves, or it got devoured by all those flying tiger sharks they were talking about.

The herd of flying and oversized tiger sharks…goddammit xD

I would be so pissed if I was one of the fisherman. Take my precious time trying to fish and make a living. Help a couple of morons that accuse me of trying to kill them to have their way with them. No thanks.

3 Likes

Best part: she says she swam/surfed to sneak into the fishermen’s boat and use the satellite phone.

Yep.

Whatever they were using, was of very low quality. Same as their story.

I would donate to the go fund me page for the fishermen to sue them.

7 Likes

I’m thinking Meryl Streep and Halle Berry. Storms, sharks, fishermen/pirate attacks. Danny DeVito as the voice of the cute but plucky dog that protects them from flying sharks? Blockbuster on a budget.

2 Likes

And Dolph Lundgren as the leader of the shark gang. Also, this obviously needs to be directed by Ang Lee, considering his prior experience directing a fantasy on the high seas. I can already feel the Oscar buzz…

1 Like

With Roman Polanski giving the Oscar to Meryl Streep!

AWKWARD

Not at all…it’s her perfect chance to punch a Nazi. She can even brain him with the statuette!