Typhoons 2016

Also, I like the fact that the forum sends me an email update to let me know that I replied on this post.

We have not had a single typhoon here in Okinawa at all this year.

Weird.

The coral is dying off in droves, of course (water too warm), but plenty more mangoes than normal.

I would rather have the coral, to be honest.

Oh man, the corals… dunno where you see them, but if it’s anything like in Ishigaki, skip the barrier and go to the “drops”… chiller water, and corals everywhere… I’m missing it already :frowning:

Yeah, deeper water corals are surviving but all the inner lagoon areas are getting bleached. We need a typhoon to mix the waters up and get some cooling.

So, best of luck with your upcoming typhoon. Looks like some of the bad ones in recent years all over again.

I didn’t know that. So typhoons are good for corals! And I thought that they just put corals upside down…

Upgraded to typhoon. Trajectory forecast is still the same, from “slightly south of Taiwan” to “central/northern Taiwan”.

Good god, I can’t even see Taiwan on that map!

Guy

It’s right underneath most of the possible trajectories xD
Corrent forecast has the typhoon peaking as a category 3, with only 1 model ranking it cat 4.

Dunno, but I start to feel annoyed. I haven’t fnished yet with my Summer things, and the shitty weather is ruining all the fun. Today I went to do some walking in the hills and had to turn back because it sounded like God was playing drums… a Slayer cover, probably.

Well, ebcause of that and also because we were making the wrong trail :smiley:

Yeah, the weather sucks. Does this mean I have to cancel my BBQ plans?

If you’re barbequing in Taidong, you might consider rescheduling it:

Why Taidong? Why always Taidong?! :rant::sob:

BTW, th emodels show it going really South, almost by Phillipines. May we be spared!

Oh Crap!!! I’m flying out to Korea on Wednesday evening…I hope this tyhoon doesn’t affect my plans…never hated a tyhoon this much before :rage:

He looks cute! Looks like it’s steering to the South quite a bit, if it follows the path forecast by most models it may have small impact to South Taiwan.
I’m not sure how reliable Windyty is at the moment, they show the typhoon dodging Taiwan and headed straight to Hong Kong, which is very different from what every model showed yesterday (passing South Taiwan and then curving North).

Still far though.
no…no don’t go to Philippines they suffered enough.

You mean from Typhoon Digong??

:grinning:

JOINT TYPHOON WRNCEN PEARL HARBOR HI:

TY 16W (MERANTI) IS FORECAST TO MAKE
LANDFALL ALONG THE SOUTHEASTERN COAST OF TAIWAN NEAR TAU 48 AND WILL
WEAKEN SIGNIFICANTLY. THE SYSTEM WILL WEAKEN FURTHER AS IT TRACKS
OVER EASTERN CHINA. DUE TO THE LARGE MODEL SPREAD BEYOND 48 HOURS,
THERE IS LOW CONFIDENCE IN THE JTWC TRACK FORECAST.

They like to use caps-lock.

Category 4 kaiju…

Who’s going to be right? xD