Typhoons 2016

So according to Taipei times, TransAsia still operated flights between Taipei and Hualien. Isn’t that a bit dangerous?

Mandarin Airlines (華信航空) has canceled all its domestic flights for today, while TransAsia Airways Corp (復興航空) canceled most of its domestic flights, except for those between Taipei and Hualien.

Absolutely normal Dan,
Taichung is probably the safest place on the island when it comes to typhoons, it hardly ever gets hit full on and many times won’t even have any rain!

Lots of rain, but water is off till at least 8am in KHH. Lots of damage, in my area lots of fallen air con’s, trees, one fell one moving car on Wufu rd, near my home, lots of roof parts, walls torn off, not good.

Should not use MRT and just stay home, need walk outside to get to the MRT (I guess it is shut down in KHH), tree could fall on you (I see lots of fallen trees, broken roofs, walls and some air con’s, which if fell on you would hurt you bad.

why on earth would anyone still fly to Hualien from Taipei, at any time of the year, let alone during a typhoon?

Yeah, i can imagine - we went through that a couple of months ago with Nepartak. It’s gonna look like a war zone out there. How are your windows holding up?

Hey TaidongCouncil, I have a sweet deal on some nuclear waste, we can split it 50:50.

What ya say?

Because train tickets are impossible to get!
And the drive is a bit of a nightmare at the best of times.

Sweet. As luck would have it, there’s a space opened up at the Miramar Resort site! Have your people get in touch with my people!

PS. Does this look a little bit like a tortured soul trapped in the eye of the typhoon - or have i had one too many bing langs?

I think that if anyone in Yilan, Keelong or Taipei has a fridge that’s looking kinda empty, tomorrow it would be a good idea to stock up a bit. Forecast for Malakas is ranging between “mildly annoying” and “holy crapload of doom” for North Taiwan.

Worst case scenario:

Best case scenario:

My touring bike, heavy as fuck, has proven to be awesome in the wind. Even the engine seems happier with the typhoon weather. Either that or the oil change that I made yesterday.

Anyway… I see that the weather forecast on the Taiwan Weather Bureau for the next 300 years is pretty consistent: rain every single day. However, is that really how it’s going to be? I really need some sun and beach and bicycle…

Malakas still inching closer…

Not fair, you guys stole my typhoon. Again.

Guys and gals, get out and restock. Lots of rain expected tomorrow.

Guess the rain comes Friday night to Saturday night based on the tracking. I guess worst case, it could still hit Taiwan if drifts west a little bit.

TaidongCouncil, any news about the tree? Did it survive? Can’t find anything on the news.

One dead, over 40 hurt. Hope we nor China have much loses.

In the wake of Meranti, Malakas is making its move. Weather Underground currently predicts it’ll gain strength up to Category 4. Saturday on the east coast and in the north promises to be nasty!

Another 1 … bite to dust…:neutral_face:
I’m working today and love the quietness at MRT not rushing.

I’m loving the traffic these days. If Taipei was like this every day, it might actually be worth living in.