Typhoons 2016

windyty has some heavy rain forecast for north Taiwan, hope Wulai doesn’t get slammed again.

It has shifted northward and will affect the whole island.

Yilan off tomorrow >_>

I’m curious, what if your residence is in Yilan, Yilan has typhoon day, but your job is in Taipei and Taipei is a normal working day.

Are you excused?

You should know Taiwan bosses:

:laughing:

4 Likes

OK, as per http://www.dgpa.gov.tw/ndse.html, so far at 6pm, they have cancelled work/class in:

Pingtung
Yilan
Taitung, incluing the outer islands Orchids and Green

Possibility of rain for tomorrow: 100% alll over the Island.

Wed is teacher’s day so maybe teachers will get 2 days off :slight_smile:

Damn. Now I’m getting hopeful Tuesday will be a day off. I’d totally discounted that possibility until a couple of hours ago.

Yes. And here I was thinking my neighbor was too optimistic buying a liter of Johnny Walker at Family Mart.
(!)梅姬颱風快訊(!)

(rain)依據中央氣象局最新天氣預報資料,新北市明(27)日各機關學校停止上班及上課。

(car)新北市橫移門及越堤道將在明(27)日上午9時關閉!

All North Taipei Keelung Taichung and Taoyuan aa of 8pm

Day off confirmed in Taipei

1 Like

Those were the good news. The bad news is that it is expected to be as strong as Soudelor. Winds category 10 expected.

Oh dang! Soudelor was less than pleasant :frowning:

From this image, looks like the payload is in the back half. Which, i guess, means it’s gonna get pretty close before the real deluge begins. Ibis, Ilan is gonna cop a lof of that - good thing you’re a water bird.

these typhoons like to screw up my work out routine. Do my work out in public parks 3 times a week.

everytime i am reaching an interesting level, my progress is slowed down by a typhoon.

(ok half trolling here but 100% true)

I would suggest donning a helmet and some make-shift body armour and going out anyway. 140kph wind resistance will be a good test for your ‘interesting level’. And pack some flippers - better safe than sorry.

Getting some decent gusts here already - sooner than i thought.

1 Like

The latest projections from Weather Underground. It appears the storm is moving a bit faster than expected. I hope it moves on–quickly!

Guy

Guys they are stopping buses in Taipei. Trains and MRT will also be less.

Typhoon is getting stronger. Radius of 250 kms, bigger than any this year.

Compared to Meranty, Megi is like a baby-typhoon.

Woke up and remembered I forgot to buy drinking water. Just popped out to get some from our local Family Mart (which I noticed was still stocked up fairly well with water). Just a few spots of rain on the way there; got drenched on the way back. Not too windy right now here in lower Xinzhuang.

:dash: