Typhoons 2017

2015 was pretty nuts, let’s not do that again.

It seems like the last time Taipei was this bad was 2015.

A lot of “fake”, or should I say, outdated images were rolling around LINE groups last Fridaythat were from that year. News such as a few MRT lines closing due to flooding at different ends of the line and the Xinchuang/Banqiao riverside area flooded almost up to the brim.

(actually it’s nothing, but as the plum season leaves it’s about time to bump the Typhoon thread)

1 Like

RIP Invest 97

Imgur

He’s not giving up!

A sad update. Invest W97, after trying as hard as he could to survive, has lost his battle. The tropical cyclone warning has been cancelled.

RIP W97 (2017, 2017)

http://imgur.com/dvM4SxC

Well, hello there, Invest W99.

It will have a long holiday in Japan!

Looks like it will be one of the tiniest typhoons in year (IF it becomes a typhoon, currently only ranked as a sever tropical storm, though it may change).

Anyway, little to no impact for Taiwan#1. For Okinawa and friends it may be a pita because it will pass by there then curve back to the North-East, giving them extra time under rain and wind.

Dear Ibis,

I know you love posting these moving images. It’d be awesome if you could ADD SOME COMMENTARY INDICATING WHY YOU THINK THESE IMAGES ARE WORTHY OF OUR ATTENTION.

Otherwise, when I see these images, I’m afraid I can only think of the last three letters of your moniker.

Best regards,
Guy

3 Likes

That sounds like a lot of work, though…

For me, it’s a thankful reminder to go check my own sources…

I try to post anything that forms around the usual spot and/or that appears to be headed in our direction. W94 will bother Hong Kong so I didn’t even mention it.

Most of my messages would have to be a copy/paste like:“THERE’S SOMETHING FISHY GOING ON…but it’s too early to tell if it will become a typhoon, if it will disappear, if it will impact Taiwan, etc etc”.

Consider my messages as a very, VERY early warning system!

No easy baskets.

That’s like…stealing your enemies sword and using it against him.

1 Like