Typhoons 2017

Far from yilan and the universiade = I don’t mind

Windy’s forecast for Tuesday

Just a forecast but east coast residents should keep an eye on this

It’ll be a rain event mainly if it affects us

03 pm

God knows a little rain would be welcome.

1 Like

and a dip in temps.

If the first typhoon brings rain to the island, how far north? We are headed to Guanwu tomorrow (Hsinchu/Miaoli mountain area).

Should be ok tomorrow in Hsinchu

CWB has started issuing their tracks and we have a name: Hato

Fingers crossed for a northward trajectory. Hate to interrupt the running and jumping contest in Taipei, but some rain in Hsinchu would not go amiss.

You know you’re living in a harsh climate when you’re wishing a typhoon to come and offer relief!

We’ve also had a baking hot run in Taidong - just two rain events in the last two and half months

But does look like we’re in for a soaking in the next few days

Please God rain.

Last night, I took Bobby to an old Xindian park that is full of trees. The soil was beyond scorched, all grass had dissappeared and instead, it was literally like walking on the beach. Bobby had lots of fun frolicking among the dry leaves and digging the sand, throwing debris all around.

We really need rain.

Looks to be a big discrepancy between where CWB have located the system and where it actually is

Seems much further to the south west on the sat image

(Edit: I suppose it could be just a break off blob that is over northern ppe and the system is not strong enough yet to rotate the weather around its eye - see if it starts taking shape later)

Very cloudy with some rain drops in yilan. Hope it won’t be too bad tonight when I get back home

On the plus side, Hsinchu City got the top hot spot today! 37.0! AS of 14:15, we still have it at 36.2

I remember when even a glancing blow from a typhoon would cool us off for a few days. That thing must be pushing the hot weather north!

Typhoon Hato is gana hit the South later today and tomorrow apparently.

That will make for an interesting bicycle ride back home. Time to establish Alpha status once again after riding through the previous typhoon. What was his name? Mumbasa? Mustafa? Can’t remember.

We can survive this heat with no AC for a few days. Uncomfortable as hell, but it can be done. But, we cannot survive this heat with no water for too long.

Time to break out the chicken bones, demon powder, and drums!

Screenshot_20170821-140139

From Windyty, it might affect the whole island. One hopes a bit of rain, as it wouldn’t hurt. A lot of rain on this too dry land would be problematic.

Well, I’ve got a (thankfully not too immediate) neighbour who runs an all-day African drum circle (going hammer and tong as we cyber-speak), and plenty of chickens - but running low on demon powder

Anyway, I’ll do my best!

One half-arsed shower here, but that’s it so far

Wind is ‘stirring’ level

1 Like