Typhoons 2017

Looks like another heavy storm/typhoon may soon be headed to Hong Kong.

An ayioo moment regarding Houston rescues - still in progress:

Hey, where’s MY friggin shot??!!???

2 Likes

So what’s the 411 on the front that’s coming in?

Just rain? It was hella windy last night in Taipei.

The new ones is skipping Taiwan, going directly for Guangdong like the last one. We are gonna get some rain, not a lot though.

We’re experiencing the ass of the tropical storm headed to Hong Kong. Enjoy the drop in temperature and occasional showers!
We had heavy thunderstorms in Yilan yesterday evening, some fell few hundred meters away from me on the ride back home.

Invest 92W, currently in the Philippines and not likely to follow the path of the previous one to Hong Kong. We’re next in line.

tbPMuAP

JTWC: THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS LOW

God of the Spinning Winds, why hast thou forsaken us?

8(

Where do you even find this stuff…the Yilan-der School of Black Magic and Wizardry?

It’s bloody brilliant.

It’s mostly stuff generated around Doom Paul memes, you can find a lot of stuff about it on Google, I love it!

Too much AC, not enough fans

No AC here. Friggin sticky humidity. Fans are helpless.

FORMATION OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN 200 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 16.4N 130.1E TO 19.4N 122.7E WITHIN THE NEXT 12 TO 24 HOURS

THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS HIGH

6ce

I find this in high correlation with the acquisition of Southbound train tickets. Murphy’s Law!

If hotel rooms at the hotel of our choice are available, expect a deluge!

1 Like

My guess is that someone in Taidong or Hualien woke up and thought:“WHEW, IT HAS NOT BEEN RAINING FOR A WHILE”.

Latest forecast has this depression/possible typhoon crossing the strait again in direction of Hong kong, with heavy rain for the south of Taiwan.

So it’s…kinda happening? I don’t know, I had high expectations over this one but it’s turning out to be another disappointment.

I’m a bit concerned about getting any kind of rain this weekend since I’m heading down to Puli and up to He Huan Shan. Breezy winds is ok, rain is NOT.

The early forecasts were pointing in our direction but it just keeps steering South. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Luzon will squeeze most of the rain out of it, and we’ll just get some sloppy second.

Feelsbadman.