UberEATS? Effortless! (post promo codes here)

I have tried UberEATS 3 times, and 3 times, I have been very satisfied.

It’s effortless - OK, you have to figure what you want to eat first, and I know I am limited to what I can see on that front - partly because of language and partly because I don’t know how to use the app completely. But when it comes to the actual service itself, it’s been simply awesome.

Last week, rushing back home from work, I opened up the app as I stepped on the MRT. Found some noodles (with soup and dry) and pressed go. And that was it.

The delivery actually got there before I did. I had forgotten to alert the wife of what I did, so when the delivery lady showed up, there was a bit of confusion. But since I had already paid for the order from the app, it seemed like someone just showed up with food. Which is exactly how this should work!

Over the weekend, I tried again, and discovered this Korean place called Bobby Box. I had not heard of before. This time, the UberEATS delivery person was early.

http://joyaijia.pixnet.net/blog/post/318945273-[東區美食]-bobbybox-韓式飯食新選擇!頂呱呱繼

I am a former heavy user of Sherpas in Shanghai (http://www.sherpa.com.cn/index.shtml) when I lived there. And my wife still relies on it when she is there on business trips. But my experience with UberEATS is different. It’s a little odd that there is almost no human interaction beyond the delivery person showing up and handing you the food. But the choice and convenience and tracking all add up to a great service.

Like when I first started using Uber in 2015, it’s obviously a better way of doing things for some of us.

Here’s my promo code: eats-uberforumosa

Please post yours here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thinking about giving it a try. I guess their only competition is food panda. Anyknow know the costs of delivery?

I think it depends on the zone (distance) but so far I’ve only ordered from places recommended by the app and those places have all been within 30 min of my home. That costs NT$60.

For comparison, Sherpas in Shanghai (5 years ago) cost approx NT$ 100 for its closest zone

In addition to Food Panda there is Foodies Express in Taipei

Are you taking money for this article?

Or just Uber love Uber ?

If you use my promo code, i guess we are both taking money

1 Like

This is my code to get 10$ usd off your first order or the equivalent for the first order.
eats-andrewl27316ue

1 Like

eats-t8ix1d

1 Like

I can’t get them to correctly locate my address even when I type it in… it’s not even close.

I had that problem when I was trying to have food delivered to my workplace, so I know what you mean (we ended up changing our minds and eating nearby). It didn’t matter if I tried typing in my address or locating it with the map function.

I tried to add my work address through the app and encountered the same problems.

Anyone else use uber eats. Could use some promo codes haha. They added a lot of new places around me. And the hassle of not having to use cash and get lots of coins in change is great! Cause foodpanda driver took my coins haha.

McDonald’s 4 minutes away walking does Uber Eats. I’m thinking breakfast delivery, avoid getting dressed until absolutely necessary.

Uber Eats has caused me to gain 5 kilos in the last 6 months because it’s so damn convenient. The cost adds up too. The options are good even here in Kaohsiung, but I think I have to give it a break for the sake of both my waistline and my wallet and start walking my ass to the mediocre, but cheap lunchbox places again.

1 Like

Taipei has foodpanda I use that before but not lately.

There’s also Honestbee

1 Like

Is there a service that calls UberEATS for me, goes to meet the deliver person and pay them, and then bring the food to me?

That’s probably UberEATS 2.0 not yet released.

That’s what spouses are for.

2 Likes

Just one promo code above is valid but its AUD so not sure if it will apply. Here’s my, presumably TWD code: eats-waeji1.

Note that promo codes can be used only once. Any leftover credit on a single promotion does not apply to future orders. Also, remember that each promo code has its own terms and conditions: make sure you’re using it in the applicable location, currency and before the expiration date.

I kind of envisioned Uber Eats food being transported to my house in a dry climate controlled Mercedes or Toyota Corolla. Basically anyone with a scooter can do the job.

Could also do scooter taxis like Thailand but the taxi Mafia won’t allow it.

I mean, this is Taiwan. Were you really expecting delivery boys to be cruising to your doorstep in a Benz?

1 Like