Unclaimed Money from old bank accounts etc in Taiwan, is there a government body for it?

Hey everyone,

I’m from Australia and we have a system for unclaimed money over here whereby money left in closed bank accounts etc or just general unclaimed money is sent to a government holding authority. One can search if you have any unclaimed money online using the government holding authority’s website.

Does Taiwan have any similar website or government authority that plays a similar role? I have tried to search but my Mandarin is limited.

Is that your own bank account? Registered under you Taiwanese ID or APRC?

If that’s the case, it’s a lot easier just to call the customer service team of the specific bank. I’m sure they have someone who speaks English. They will ask you a few questions to identify you are whom you claim to be, and then you may ask them how much balance is left in the account.

If you mean you don’t even remember how many bank accounts you have in Taiwan, and all documents are lost, I think the Financial Supervisory Commission may have a service to assist people in this case. However, this service may not be provided online or via phone calls. You need to go to one of their offices to get things done.