Unofficial Forumosa Cycling Club 2017 (Taipei/New Taipei)

Time to train!

Day: Saturday, March 25
Meet up time: 7:30AM
Meet up location: National Palace Museum 7-11
Route: Leng Shui Keng - Jin Shan - Feng Gui Cui
Destination: Jin Shan
Approximate Distance: 70-90km
Approximate total Elevation Gain: 1200-1400m
Estimated total trip time: 4-5 hours

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE

• Route is subject to change on the day of the ride!
  • Please wear a helmet. You will be politely asked to leave and come back next time if you show up to the meet up not wearing one.
  • Please bring tire repair tools, cash/EasyCard, Photo ID/health insurance cards, mobile phones, food, and any medication you may need.
  • Please make sure you are equipped with at least rear lights for the climate could change at high altitudes!
  • Please ride at a safe following distance from cars and other motor vehicles on the road. We share the road, we don’t own it.
  • Please follow proper riding etiquette and use hand signals for everyone’s safety
  • The “Unofficial Forumosa Cycling Club” is not for profit and we are not sponsored by any entity or have any signed agreement or direct ties with this forum.

Feng Gui Zui Feng Gui Zui Feng Gui Zui Feng Gui Zui Feng Gui Zui Feng Gui Zui Feng Gui Zui

風櫃嘴 風櫃嘴 風櫃嘴 風櫃嘴 風櫃嘴 風櫃嘴 風櫃嘴 風櫃嘴 風櫃嘴 風櫃嘴 風櫃嘴 風櫃嘴

風櫃口?

Due to misspelling of the peak name. Tomorrow’s ride is cancelled.

Just kidding.

Forecast is saying 80% chance of rain all day tomorrow, 03/25.

Stay in. Get on that ZWIFT!

Here comes the sun!

Day: Saturday, April 8 2017
Meet up time: 6:30AM
Meet up location: Tian Mu (West) Road McDonald’s 天母西路麥當勞
Route: Xing Yi Road行義路 --> Xiao You Keng小油坑 --> Jin Shan金山 --> Feng Gui Zui風櫃嘴 --> Leng Shui Keng冷水坑
Destination: Leng Shui Keng冷水坑
Approximate Distance: 100-110KM
Approximate total Elevation Gain: 2200-2400m
Estimated total trip time: 5-7 hours

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE

• Please wear a helmet. You will be politely asked to leave and come back next time if you show up to the meet up not wearing one.
  • Please bring tire repair tools, cash/EasyCard, Photo ID/health insurance cards, mobile phones, food, and any medication you may need.
  • Please make sure you are equipped with at least rear lights for the climate could change at high altitudes!
  • Please ride at a safe following distance from cars and other motor vehicles on the road. We share the road, we don’t own it.
  • Please follow proper riding etiquette and use hand signals for everyone’s safety
  • The “Unofficial Forumosa Cycling Club” is not for profit and we are not sponsored by any entity or have any signed agreement or direct ties with this forum.
2 Likes

@Rlin446 if you plan on joining this weekend, please give me a PM and send me your whatsapp or contact info so we can be in contact the morning of.

Thanks!

Wow nice ride planned! Yes definitely joining. Sorry I tried to PM but couldn’t figure out how to. Would t be possible to send your whatsapp to me please?

Thanks
Richard

Soon i wiil ride with you guys !!!
I´m Daniel from Brazil, i ride MTB and Road Cycling,

Meet up time has been updated for, April 8 ride!

Please check above!

Ride life. Ride for coffee.

Day: Saturday, April 15 2017
Meet up time: 8:00AM
Meet up location: National Palace Musuem 7-11 故宮小7
Route: Feng Gui Zui 風櫃嘴 --> Wu Zhi Shan Star City Cafe 五指山星城咖啡
Destination: Star City Cafe星城咖啡
Approximate Distance: 50-60km
Approximate total Elevation Gain: 600-700m
Estimated total trip time: 3-4 hours

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE

Hi everyone, I’m hoping to be able to join you for 4/22 if there’s a ride that day.

Hi @alanalanbobalan , if it doesn’t forecast to rain cats and dogs, look for the ride post to be posted in a few days.

Hi just wondering if the group rides are still going on? I am in taipei for the weekend on 8th April and would like to join a group ride! Many thanks
Richard
London UK

Hi Richard,

Welcome to Taiwan!

I’ll post the weekend ride shortly!

@alanalanbobalan unfortunately, weather isn’t on our side this weekend.

I’m not sure if I will be heading out this weekend, but if I do, it will be a last minute decision between the rain clouds.

Will you be around next weekend?

@ranlee Unfortunately not, leaving on Wednesday. I think I will still rent a bike today just in case there’s a couple of hours that seem rideable.

On second thought I think I may try to rent a bike in Sun Moon Lake on Monday if the weather cooperates. It does look pretty bad for the next day here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi all,

I have been consulting this forum for a while. Since this is my first post, I’ll start off by saying thanks to all the contributors for sharing all this useful information about cycling in Taipei.

I will be visiting the city next weekend (April 28th to May 2nd) and will be renting a road bike from the Specialized Concept Store (thanks to this forum for the tip!). I’d love to join you for your weekend ride, but I still have a few questions. Apologies if these were addressed earlier.

1. Is this weekend ride on Saturday? And is there a chance of a ride on Monday too given it will be Labor Day?
  2. Do we already know what the course will be? I would not mind if the ride chosen is a classic Taipei ride with some climbs and views :wink:
  3. Reading some of info on carrying bikes on the MRT, I read that, except for a few stations, I can take my non-foldable / road bike on the MRT. Is that accurate?
  4. I will be staying close to Daan (Dongmen MRT), is it possible to cycle from there to the meeting point? Or city traffic is too bad?

Thanks, and hopefully, I’ll get to see some of you next weekend.

Vincent (fellow Canadian cyclist, now living in Singapore).

Forgot to ask, what’s the fitness level for climbs? I am an intermediate rider, but on hills, let’s say the peloton always stretches based on the extra weight we’re carrying… are they no-drop rides?

Thanks!