Upcoming Concerts 2011

Janet Jackson next month. Highlight of the evening? A duet with MJ, thanks to modern technology.

[quote]Janet Jackson’s largest ever world tour celebrating for the first time the Icon’s 35 number ones hits in 35 global cities is going to Taipei. Fans submitted suggestions to janetjackson.com to have their city selected as a date on the JANET JACKSON Number Ones, Up Close and Personal tour. The Taipei performance will take place on Feb 18th at the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center.

This tour will differ from her previous concert schedules in that she will perform music exclusively from her chart topping CD NUMBER ONES. There will also be a focus on venues that will allow Janet to be up close and personal in a much more intimate setting. This show is JANET more revealed, more intimate, and more personal than ever before. Don’t look for special effects. Just look at Janet.

Tickets will go on sale January 8th on G-music tickets. For more ticketing information please reach Veryaspect and G-music tickets.

Janet has expressed her excitement for the upcoming performance in Taipei by stating,

“My fans have voted and I’m very excited to tell you that Taipei will be the next city of my Number Ones Up Close and Personal tour. This is my first concert ever in Taipei, and I can’t wait to share the love and rock it out. There will be special changes in this show to honor the culture and beautiful people of Taiwan.”
[/quote]
janetjackson.com/story/news/ … ional_tour

The Eagles at Linkou Stadiuam on 26 February 2011 is discussed in http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=93687

Maroon 5 at Nangang Exhibition Centre on 19 May, 2011

songkick.com/concerts/774292 … um=partner

She obviously hasn’t seen the recycling lady who lives in my street.

[quote=“Icon”]

[quote]This tour will differ from her previous concert schedules in that she will perform music exclusively from her chart topping CD NUMBER ONES. There will also be a focus on venues that will allow Janet to be up close and personal in a much more intimate setting. This show is JANET more revealed, more intimate, and more personal than ever before. Don’t look for special effects. Just look at Janet.
[/quote][/quote]

We’ll be getting tickets tomorrow, but I must say that I am not impressed with the “more intimate” aspect of things. I’m probably being too sensitive here, but it sounds to me like they are saying: “we don’t want to schlep everything to Asia and the Taiwanese don’t expect that much, anyway.” So, I’m getting my tickets, but hope my irritation wears off by the time of the concert.

I’m paying the same for her show that I paid for other big shows, and so I’ll just say: “I don’t want frigging intimate. If I pay a few thousand for a ticket, I expect several costume changes, spectacularly creative displays, muscular background dancers, and a gorilla or at least some trapeze artists.”

I’d be happy to pay for intimacy with someone like Leonard Cohen. With Janet, however, I’m waiting to see if I have been duped or not.

What happened to the events forum?

Shouldn’t these be mentioned there?

[quote=“cake”]What happened to the events forum?

Shouldn’t these be mentioned there?[/quote]

Perhaps - but art exhibitions and concerts also fall under the topic of Arts and Entertainments. People posting in this thread aren’t trying to drum up support for their own events and I feel it’s okay for the thread to remain here. This one could have been placed in either forum though.

I only heard today that Janet Jackson is coming here for a show. I didn’t know she was still out there doing stuff. Is she actually promoting a new album?

I’m hoping something a bit edgier comes for a visit, the Deep Purple show last spring was lots of fun.

Bob Dylan April 3rd at Taipei Arena

[quote]巴布狄倫 Bob Dylan台北演唱會
時間: 2011年4月3日(週日)
場地:台北小巨蛋
票價:8000, 6000, 4800, 4000, 3200, 2400, 1600, 800
主辦單位 : 有像文化 02-27557058
購票請洽:博客來售票網 tickets.books.com.tw/ 客戶服務專線:02-26535588
更多演唱會訊息請上:有像文化臉書粉絲團 facebook.com/VeryAspect.X [/quote]

Previous discussion: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 3&start=60

And Eagles confirmed in Linkou February 26th.

*plus Macy Gray Feb. 27th Legacy Taipei
Mr. Big May 3rd at SYS blog.yam.com/michaelwu30/article/33932971
and Air Supply :astonished:

Eric Clapton is doing a world tour, and in Hong Kong and Singapore in Feb/March. Nothing set for Taiwan unfortunately.

Don’t those bastards have citizenship here yet?

Don’t those bastards have citizenship here yet?[/quote]

I thought they had touched rock bottom when I heard them back in college in Central America…

If we are doing oldies, I want diversity: I demand Julio Iglesias, Jose Luis Perales, Jose Jose… At least La Sonora Dinamita, Wilfrido Vargas, Oscar de Leon… Anything but Air Supply!

[quote=“Icon”] …
*plus Macy Gray Feb. 27th Legacy Taipei
Mr. Big May 3rd at SYS blog.yam.com/michaelwu30/article/33932971
and Air Supply :astonished:[/quote]

Icon, I know Macy Gray and Mr. Big are on the way. I don’t think Air Supply is though: http://www.airsupplymusic.com/tour_dates.shtml

Sorry, Icon - I know you were secretly missing them.

Below is Macy:

May 8th. Seems like they are here at least once a year…

ticket.com.tw/dm.asp?P1=0000011407

Thanks for the info, citizen k. Icon will be happy.

When’s Rush coming here :ponder: ? They are on tour next summer.

[color=#800000]
NSFW!
[/color]

They were on tour this past summer. They played the whole Moving Pictures album, among other stuff new and old. Good god I’d go nuts if they came here, but I highly doubt it.

May 8th. Seems like they are here at least once a year…

ticket.com.tw/dm.asp?P1=0000011407[/quote]

Air Supply’s annual World Tour…‘retirement home’ - ‘Taiwan’… ‘Taiwan’ - ‘retirement home’.
Coming to a supermarket venue near you.

Any update on Bob Dylan? Its not on his upcoming tour webpage.

These threads, now relegated to the Temp forum, might prove informative:

http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=95307

http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=84503