US Bans Americans from North Korea : Prelude to War?

From September 1, 2017, US passport holders are banned from traveling to North Korea.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-travel-idUSKBN1AI2H5

Officially,

The U.S. government last month said it would bar Americans from traveling to North Korea due to the risk of “long-term detention” there.

But that has been a risk for decades, so it seems a bit suspicious now to ban travel based on that reason. This seems like a prelude to a US strike on North Korea. Have to wait and see.

Any US strike would most likely need collaboration from allies in that region and probably even china to be ok with it. It’s not I don’t think the US could not single handily take out the Kim regime, but the fallout of it would take countries in the region to help out with millions of people that would not know what to do after.

It is not a Prelude to war, it’s a Prelude to keeping people from being jailed and end up in a coma and dying a day or two after they return home to America.

Tens of thousands of Americans will die in any war with North Korea in addition to tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of South Koreans and probably Japanese and who knows who else.

A few stragglers roaming around North Korea isn’t much a concern in comparison.

And now it’s time to veer off topic and talk about subway systems.

Pyongyang has a subway, right? And underground bunkers…

Yes, actually some stations are really eloquently designed like soviet area style.

But here’s what I’m wondering. If let’s say countries try to overthrow the kim regime and go into North Korea. Would the average citizen fight for the regime or welcome the sight of people coming in and I guess we can say liberate them?

Now it’s time to veer off a veered off topic.
The traffic cops got every other country beat.

https://youtu.be/hDHhW5_RxKc

They will fight. It’s all they know, brainwashed and threatened from birth.

The AP’s Pyongyang bureau is not so sure, for whatever that’s worth.

I seem to recall Americans were banned from traveling to a little island in the Caribbean for decades. What happened to that? :idunno:

The elite will fight. The conscripts will surrender. The peasants will run and hide. That’s how these things usually work out.

But the elite need to be destroyed anyway. Otherwise, what’s the point? Bury them in their bunkers.

Anybody who wanted to go there flew to Mexico or Canada first, then over to that island. And then asked for no stamp in the passport.

Oh yes, Canadians have always known about that. I was making a rhetorical comparison.