US Election 2016

[quote=“MikeN”]
This is the kind of attack on Hillary Clinton that I strongly urge Republicans to continue with. That, and keep telling people they shouldn’t vote for her because she’s an ugly old woman. It’s bound to work.[/quote]

Also, she’s rich and white. You know what that means.

Me, I’ve always had a soft spot for the memory of Margaret Thatcher. So strong, so intelligent, so competent. The world could use more women like her.

No, Bubbette doesn’t fit the bill.

Finally, a challenger to HRC: Bernie Sanders

[quote]This is why his entrance into the 2016 presidential race is a great thing and not a mere footnote to the inevitable coronation of Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee. If the press is smart enough to grasp it, his entrance into the race makes for a profound storyline that could force all of us to ask some very uncomfortable questions.
rollingstone.com/politics/ne … e-20150429
[/quote] The writer of that article did not let us know what those questions might be.

I like the independent spirit of Sanders- the (I) behind his name is something he has lived up to. I don’t think he has a chance, though. Neither does that Webb guy. O’Malley needs a lot more traction. Everything is still looking like a HRC annihilation.

O’Malley has been trying to remake himself as a leftist challenger to Hillary after years in the center-right. Unfortunate timing- the issue that vaulted him to the governorship was the way he had cracked down on crime in Baltimore when he was mayor.

Still early, but at this point, I am quite certain that I will vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

“I did not have factual relations with that server.”

Center right? Elaborate, please.

I’m not surprised- I think a lot of people who lean conservative like her foreign policy stances. My guess is that within her first two years she’ll give us a war. I don’t like her and I don’t want to vote for her, but who knows? I wasn’t going to vote for Obama the second time until I saw the Republican convention speeches.

The republican party has a real problem in that the ideas that get them the nomination will not win the general. Walker (and every candidate but Bush) is talking about a constitutional amendment against gay marriage the same week the approval of gay marriage has hit 61%. Maybe they will try a Romney reset, but that hasn’t worked out well in the past. Bush is most moderate from what I’ve read, but nutters like Cruz and Huckabee will paint him as a liberal and I predict prevent him from the nomination. My early prediction is Walker/ Rubio vs. Clinton/ who knows with Clinton by margins close to Obama’s victories.

Center right? Elaborate, please.[/quote]

Center-right of the Dems. He knows Hillary’s got the D.C./Wall Street types locked up, so he’s trying to go Elizabeth Warren. Not gonna work for a guy who got elected Guv by showing he could be 'tough on crime".

[quote=“MikeN”]
Center-right of the Dems. He knows Hillary’s got the D.C./Wall Street types locked up, so he’s trying to go Elizabeth Warren. Not gonna work for a guy who got elected Guv by showing he could be 'tough on crime".[/quote]

Ah. So being decisively anti-crime is considered right of center in some circles. So much so that nothing else can cancel it out.

Aren’t Communist regimes extremely tough on crime not committed by themselves? I guess they must be on the far right.

Center right? Elaborate, please.[/quote]

Center-right of the Dems. He knows Hillary’s got the D.C./Wall Street types locked up, so he’s trying to go Elizabeth Warren. Not gonna work for a guy who got elected Guv by showing he could be 'tough on crime".[/quote]
I don’t think it matters if he goes left or right of Clinton, she’ll thump whoever. Even if Warren enters, she wouldn’t stand a chance-I don’t think she will run, though.

Now if Bill Maher ran- I would get behind that . Weed for all :beatnik:

Hilary ? uhhhh no.

youtube.com/watch?v=rnUKmgcVMHg

Bush? I’ll let George answer that.

youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI

The new investigative journalism:

graphics.wsj.com/hillary-clinton-emails/

We’ll see how well they sanitized the record all those months of stalling.

[quote=“rowland”]The new investigative journalism:

graphics.wsj.com/hillary-clinton-emails/

We’ll see how well they sanitized the record all those months of stalling.[/quote]

The fact that there is no evidence simply shows how deep the conspiracy goes!

Scotty, Scotty- you’re screwing up and I’ve got $100 (NT) riding on you. Didn’t 2012 teach you that Republicans going around explaining why women should have to bear their rapists babies is not a winning campaign platform?- dog whistles, my boy, dog whistles.

rawstory.com/2015/06/scott-w … pregnancy/

[quote=“MikeN”]Scotty, Scotty- you’re screwing up and I’ve got $100 (NT) riding on you. Didn’t 2012 teach you that Republicans going around explaining why women should have to bear their rapists babies is not a winning campaign platform?- dog whistles, my boy, dog whistles.

rawstory.com/2015/06/scott-w … pregnancy/[/quote]
He has a very long record of saying there should be no exception to rape/ incest, but nice of him to put himself on record at this stage. I don’t think I’m going out on a limb to say Scott Walker will never win the presidency.

Best summary of election coverage I’ve heard:

nomoremister.blogspot.tw/

So in the last couple of days, Jeb! has

1. replaced his last name with an exclamation mark.

2. boasted of presiding over a disastrous housing bubble that devastated the Florida economy (to be fair, the bubble happened while he was in control as governor; the collapse happened on his brother’s watch as president.)

3)as a Catholic, reprimanded the Pope for daring to disagree with the Koch brothers’ interpretation of the teachings of Jesus (and that was just over climate change, never mind the latest full-tilt commie outrage).

1. said he wanted to follow the policies that led America to its last period of 4% growth…which was actually under Bill Clinton, and as Matthew Yglesias said, Bill’s services as an adviser have probably been spoken for…

The Donald has finally done it!! That’s it, the US is doomed if they elect this guy

I wouldn’t sweat it :slight_smile:

I didn’t know Bush was Catholic.

I wouldn’t sweat it :slight_smile:

I didn’t know Bush was Catholic.[/quote]
Hardcore Catholic. And it definitely affected his job performance. Remember Terry Schiavo?
politico.com/magazine/story/ … YES2KCwrqA