Vacuum cleaners

Calling all domestic types.

Vacuum cleaners. I know they clean floors but do they clean other surfaces? Like venetian blinds? (I cleaned them once in 2005 with a wet cloth which was such a fanny I never bothered again.) Do they work on tiles? What should I look for in a v.c.? Are they expensive? Where can you buy them? Will it dramatically improve the quality of my life?

vacuum cleaners are great!! especially for tiled floors. they suck up all the hairs, bits of crud, etc. i vacuum at least 3 times a week. most vacuumer cleaners come with an array of attachments. big nozzles, flat long nozzles, short nozzles… i’m sure there is one to take care of dust on your blinds… however, i’d be worried about the strength of the “suck” that might inevitably suck your blinds in half leaving a dent in the middle. I bought a cheapie SHARP from 3C a while back… less than 2,000NT and it works great. way better than having to sweep. If you get bored with it, you can always try teaching a non-english speaking neighbor how to say vacuum in english… guaranteed to get a giggle. :wink:

Less than 2000NT! 3C; the yellow one? There isn’t one near here. Apparently, there is a ‘Carrefour’ down the road. I might look in there. Wellcome didn’t have them.

Honestly, my place is really expensive but I’d probably be more comfortable and hygienic up a tree in the Congo. I’m kind of cheap so I balk at paying a lot of rent for a complete dump. Especially when it’s all my own fault. I have to figure out have to deal with it before there is an ebola outbreak. Mopping is a right pain in the arse, though.

there is a 3C (yes, the yellow one) on the corner of Guangfu and xinyi as well as on zhongxiao next to HwaNan bank.

I saw a nice looking wet vacuum cleaner in B&Q. A heavy industrial looking type. I would like one that can do a nice job of cleaning car interiors. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a brand, a place and a price? I want one that sucks like a…well…a…sucky thing!
I’m guessing the way a wet vac works is you put the water in the tub and then it sucks as well as blows eh? Well anyway I guess I’m just asking for instruction. And has anyone found any decent detergents in Taiwan for cleaning car upholstery, including carpet?

“Fuck you” cleaner. That’s what my little grade two kids called it.

I got one! I went to ‘Carrefour’; god, that place is horrible. Everyone was very helpful, though. It was only 1600 dollars, I’d always thought they were really expensive because my mother went mental whenever I broke hers.

My floor has no stuff on it! This may sound really stupid, but the last 15 years of my life would have been so much easier if I’d ever bought one before.

Congratulations Butter now for the next must have gizmo, a steam floor cleaner.

I got one before i got a vac and boy does it beat the hell out of a mop and bucket.

what’s the venetian verdict? :wink:
fah-que cleaners are great for sucking up the random cockroach as well. If you’re not keen on squashing them or dousing them with raid… take out the ol’ Oreck and away they go.

[quote=“bushibanned”]what’s the venetian verdict? :wink:
fah-que cleaners are great for sucking up the random cockroach as well. If you’re not keen on squashing them or dousing them with raid… take out the ol’ Oreck and away they go.[/quote]

Don’t they just lay eggs in the bag? I don’t have any cockroaches in here. It’s an utter fallacy that cockroaches can live in any environmental conditions.

I’m still in a temper from cleaning the blinds. I also tried to peel the ugly dolphin stickers off them too. The VC got some surface fluff off. I can’t even describe the vile substance that coated these things. I would have thrown them out and bought new ones if I could have figured out how to get them off the wall. rarrrrrrraaaaaaaar.

I want to kick my gran or stamp on a kitten. GGGGGRRrrrr I hate doing stuff. And I’m itchy and wheezing. I think I’ll just move somewhere cleaner.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“bushibanned”]what’s the venetian verdict? :wink:
fah-que cleaners are great for sucking up the random cockroach as well. If you’re not keen on squashing them or dousing them with raid… take out the ol’ Oreck and away they go.[/quote]

Don’t they just lay eggs in the bag? I don’t have any cockroaches in here. It’s an utter fallacy that cockroaches can live in any environmental conditions.

I’m still in a temper from cleaning the blinds. I also tried to peel the ugly dolphin stickers off them too. The VC got some surface fluff off. I can’t even describe the vile substance that coated these things. I would have thrown them out and bought new ones if I could have figured out how to get them off the wall. rarrrrrrraaaaaaaar.

I want to kick my gran or stamp on a kitten. GGGGGRRrrrr I hate doing stuff. And I’m itchy and wheezing. I think I’ll just move somewhere cleaner.[/quote]

You may just be allergic to cat urine.

[quote=“Buttercup”]… I’d always thought they were really expensive because my mother went mental whenever I broke hers.

[/quote]

Uhm … breaking several vacuum cleaners? … Doing what? Basically it’s hard to break a vacuum cleaner during normal operating procedure …

How would a cat have pissed on the blinds?

There are many other things you can use a VC for … but I can not elaborate on it here in this thread … :slight_smile:

'Preciated!

Noting you abhorrence for sit down peeers in another thread, it is remotely possible that’s pirate or ninja pee on those blinds.

See back in that thread the reference to height, urethral flaring and consequent centrifugal spray as a reference. Combined with the pollution, humid grotty setting of your average Taiwan flat and I wouldn’t be touching that muck on those blinds if you paid me.

Your new sucker is also not going to help collect those gelling puddles of piss around the bowl after a late night visit by pirates or ninjas. You;ll need a mop, bucket and some Jiffy for that. Best if you don;t have to hand squeeze the mop. Alternatively, you can employ a helper for the more onerous tasks. A helper is the reason I can still stand and pee straight without concern for my blinds, or at least cleaning them.

Hope this helps.

HG

There are VC’s that are called suck-it-aller’s … meaning they suck it all … as in liquids and dry substances … heavy metal bands … sorry, metals … drapes, carpets, bath rugs … they are really powerfull sucking devices …