Video Editing Software or Apps - Any suggestions?

http://www.openshot.org

I use it on Linux. Simple, but doesn’t crash very often, that’s all I want.

Thanks DD. I’ll check it out.

If you don’t need to export any resolution higher than 720P, you can use the free version of lightworks.
You have to register and activate the software via internet from time to time.

DaVinci Resolve 12.5.6 is free. Very professional software.
DaVinci Resolve Download

Hitfilm4 Express is very pro but you have to register and activate via internet.
Hitfilm4Express

Cinelerra-c or Cinelerra original is my favorite for Linux
I use Cinelerra-GG
Cinelerra-GG
Cinelerra original
More Cinelerra choices

KdenLive is available for Linux and Windows now
However the installer for windows is a little tricky (requires copying files from/to directories)
Plus importing files from the C root directory is tricky too. You’ll have to have all your files in the same sub directory as Kdenlive.
KdenLive windows

Flowblade for Linux is a great tool too.
Flowblade

1 Like

Dude…thanks.

I used to use Kdenlive, but development is slow to non-existent and I had several issues with it, so I wouldn’t recommend it.

If you use Linux then most of the time Cinerella is not in the repositories, so you have to deal with installation dependencies yourself. I never liked it, but you may so check it out. Runs on Windows, too.

Flowblade is Linux only and I assume Toe_Save is using Windows.

So I’m still with OpenShot, especially since you can make titles within the program or with Inkscape. It has some quirks, but for simple YouTube videos it’s an excellent package.

Let us know what you ended up using.

Blender works as a VDO editor. And it’s free.

So far Open Shot is meeting our needs. Thanks all. Time to make some videos.

Stumbled across this. Actually been playing around with Davinci Resolve 14 (free) these past few days and it’s pretty powerful and a lot more user friendly than Lightworks.

Anyone looking to do some media work should give it a shot.

That sounds like fun. I like the free part. I’ve been looking at Blackmagic Design’s hardware for a while now and didn’t realize the editing software worked without the products.

I use Adobe Premiere and After Effects, and they’re great of course, but I always like seeing different ways to get things done. I’m looking forward to getting something that can handle 4K too, but don’t want to shell out for it.

Yup, first downloaded because it allowed 4K output!

I’m looking for a simple video editor to add titles at the beginning of videos.

16:9 4K or 1080

Hoping to use phone or ipad.

Any suggestions?

Some of these seem most popular.

• Quik by Gopro

• PowerDirector

• Adobe Premiere Rush

• iMovie

• Vont

• AndroVid

• VideoShow

• FilmoraGo

• Inshot

• VN Video Editor

:point_up:

I’m still looking for video editing options.

Any current experiences or info or where to find info to share good or bad?

Want to have

• 4K output
  • Unlimited length of videos or at least 45 minutes
  • No watermark
  • Music available maybe creative commons
  • Easy to use
  • Free for some period of time (many/most are free in some form)

Like to have

• Typical UI layout for video editing
  • Easy to export to Youtube, etc.
  • Not overly robust or intensive

Platform: Multiple is best, probably looking at a Windows based until I update Mac and iPad and Android phone.

These are some I’ve found that meet some requirements.

Davinci Resolve
Lightworks
Videopad
Windows Video Editor
iMovie
Apple Clips
Final cut pro
VSDC
KineMaster
Shotcut
Movie Maker Online

Ok I want to record myself playing music , from my laptop in the living room. I want a virtual background with no copyright issues. Kind of like the zoom virtual backgrounds. I do not want to pay too much. User friendliness is a must. Record, sing , play, edit time , orientation, pick pre~made virtual backgrounds. Would be nice if I could use it on the phone too. Suppression of unwanted noises would be good too. This is for youtube videos.
No long lists please , 2 or 3 names is enough, thanks.

These and OBS.

2 Likes

I think phones are the go-to these days for recording because cameras and apps and ease of use unless have high quality laptop camera or connected camera.

Then throw whatever you recorded to your laptop for editing. Which is also what I am looking for in my last post.

1 Like

Thanks I will check them out.

That’s where I am as well. I got a little mic stand for my iPhone for Xmas. I’m thinking about shooting footage snd then adding audio to it.

My kid also suggested DaVinci Resolve.

Just upgrade to Windows 11 and you can use clip champ for free.
So far so good for me.

I have GoPro 10 but shooting mostly with Insta360 Go 2 which is a whole other freaking amazing go anywhere video minimalistic animal especially when you use the magnet capability to attach anywhere wherever.

Tiny inconspicuous always available without even thinking about it. Really f****** cool.

This thing is the s***.

Note: those are not my nails.