Video Editing Software or Apps - Any suggestions?

DaVinci is awesome and free but takes time experience skill to edit compile videos so I don’t like it because I don’t want to spend my time doing that.

I prefer to let some artificial intelligence do it for me which gets me 90% of where I want to be so hey

Recently came out available on iPad which I have yet to try.

1 Like

No Premiere Pro?

That’s what I use (on Windows), but I sure wish I could find something more efficient for amateur use. I know there’s regular Premiere, but basically what I’d like is the sort of thing you see in phone-based video editing apps, like pre-built transition effects.

The transitions Premiere has built-in are lame 90s-era crap, and when I downloaded plugins it was complicated and I couldn’t get half of them to work. Plus you have to sit and manually create speed-ramping etc

Sidenote: I love ChatGPT. I asked it what platform each of these are on, and it gave me. Saved me manual research:

DaVinci Resolve: Windows, macOS, and Linux
Lightworks: Windows, macOS, and Linux
VideoPad: Windows and macOS
Windows Video Editor: Windows
iMovie: macOS and iOS
Apple Clips: iOS
Final Cut Pro: macOS
VSDC: Windows
KineMaster: Android, iOS, and Windows
Shotcut: Windows, macOS, and Linux
Movie Maker Online: web-based, can be used on any operating system with a web browser

On Android, best I’ve found is VN. And then I dowloaded ClipCut the toher day which seems good but I haven’t tried it much. It’s from ByteDance so I kinda hate to but :man_shrugging:

After some quick research, I’m most interested in trying (in order)
Filmora
PowerDirector
DaVinci

btw, others not in your list would be Vegas Pro and Pinnacle.

2 Likes

We’re going to start with the Clipchamp, which comes installed on the new laptop. The millennial thinks it’s good enough for my speed.

1 Like