Visa Run: Alternatives to a HK Flight

Yes, no cheap offer in the online system this month. But why don’t you call the travel agency anyway and see whether they have an opening for the July 14 trip? Maybe they have one and are willing to sell you a cheap ticket, given that it is a week before departure. Of course that trip only makes sense if you get those immigration stamps on that trip - somehow i doubt it…
Otherwise your next best bet seems to be Keelung - Taoyuan - Manila - Taoyuan - Keelung. :wink:

Use Google with “teco” and “manila”… :wink:

What do you mean? What kind of visa do you have? Why do you need to do a visa run?

You should have no problems re-entering Taiwan with your multiple entry visa. Provided of course that you’re entering before the ENTER BEFORE date.

The Manila TECO is by far the unfriendliest that I’ve visited. If you have TECO business go to Hong Kong (or Okinawa) instead.

Its a multiple entry visa valid for the next 5 years.So I guess I can just get a return flight for the same day ,and just hang out in the airport .

If you can afford it, stay a day or two. Make a mini holiday out of it. Otherwise it feels too much like a sentence doing the visa runs.

I did it for 15 years. I made it a mini holiday each time and it wasnt a chore then.

If you can afford it, stay a day or two. Make a mini holiday out of it. Otherwise it feels too much like a sentence doing the visa runs.

I did it for 15 years. I made it a mini holiday each time and it wasn’t a chore then.[/quote]
Can’t agree more with this. Stay somewhere cheap and for a few thousands extra, get a feel of the place.

Got the gf to call immigration at the keelung harbor and got the guy in charge of this to CONFIRM that this is doable. You need to get out in international waters though.
But don’t take my word for it. Call the guy yourself:
Border Affairs Corps(移民署國境領事大隊) National Immigration Agency TEL: +886-3-3985010 # 7203 Contact Mr. Lin

Btw, doing it in kinmen and China might be cheaper than this.
And yes, starcruise does not show its best deals on the website, you need to call them.

That’s not what i posted, Ed. :slight_smile: Messed up “quote” tags…

I would expect the possibility for a favourable outcome of a fare negotiation especially when it is just a few days before the trip one wants to take is scheduled and there are still free rooms. :wink:

I’ve been thinking about it,and have decided to go to Hong Kong and on into China to travel around for a month or 2 or 3(Teresa Kuo says the return ticket is valid up to 3 months) to look for a(hopefully) decent teaching gig,since i’m just wasting my time in Taiwan anyway.I’ve been back here for almost 6 months (I used to live here throughout the90’s)and just can’t find any job
There’s not enough time to get a China visa through Teresa.She said she needs 2 weeks.So I’m hoping its still easy (same day,or overnight) to get a visa in HK.That’s what I did in 2001 &2003.But I can’t find anything about it either on Forumosa or Google.
Has the situation changed,or is it still quick & easy?

If you cross the border from HK to China at LoWu, you can buy a visa there.

My 90 day Visitor Visa that I’ve already extended will expire August 17, and has an Enter Before date of July 19. I plan on leaving the country on vacation a few days after August 17 and re-entering a week later. I’ve read that the fine for overstaying between 1-10 days is 2000NT, 11-20 days is 4000NT. It is probably cheaper for me to pay the fine, but I don’t want to be on Taiwan’s bad record.

For the ferry trip to Jinmen, if I don’t have a China Visa, can I still get immigration stamps?? Thanks for any help!

You don’t want to overstay. You can take a Cebu pacific flight to Manila for 4000NT (discussed in this thread).

90 day visitor visa?

I got a 90 day Visitor Visa when I was in the US. I’ve been in school and got it extended to 8/17. I’ll be done with school around that time, but plan on staying around until September sometime then heading back to the US. A few days to a week after 8/17, I’ll be going to Thailand for vacation and was wondering if it would be ok just to wait and pay the fine(2000NT), I’m guessing if I paid the fine, went to Thailand and came back, I would only have a 30 day Landing Visa though… The cheapest flight I can find on Cebu Pacific is for 8000NT.

i’m wondering if there is anyway to extend my deadline a few more days, has anyone had experience with this? And if I overstay, am I blacklisted or anything of that sort. Thanks again!

You will always have a black mark on your record though. It’s not the end of the world but overstaying might (probably will) disqualify you from being able to use the 30 day visa free entry like you planned (you’re a risk to overstay after all). landing visa is the wrong terminology also (only applies to those with less than 6 mos remaining on their passport).

The reason that you can’t find a Cebu Pacific flight is that you might be booking far enough in advance. I just looked on their website and in early august (except for a few days) the prices are 4600NT (carry on only) or 5400NT (20kgs) including taxes.

Thanks for your help Abacus. I have an Enter Before date of July 19, 2011. Does that mean if I leave and enter Taiwan before that date I’ll get another 90 days? Also, if I leave and enter Taiwan after July 19 but before August 17, would I only get 30 days? Thanks.

that’s correct except you only need to leave by August 17th. It doesn’t matter when you enter since you will be visa free (USA correct?).

I accidentally overstayed a visa a few years ago and was banned for a year to get a 30 day visa exemption. It’s also a pain in the ass since you have to write a letter stipulating you won’t overstay whenever you want to apply for a new visa. I wouldn’t recommend.

Is this “Lo Wu” border crossing for sure?Why would people then even bother with those visa agencies?Can you tell me how to find it from the airport?

Attention!! BEWARE: I found out on Trip Advisor that this “Lo Wu” border crossing is ONLY for going into ShenZhen for up to 5 days maximum.NOT for anywhere else!

Regarding the Lo Wu crossing, it IS for the 5-day Shenzhen “shopping” visa. But once you’re in Shenzhen, there’s no-one stopping you from travelling somewhere else.