Wack Things in Taiwan 2017

Uhm, don’t we celebrate a Franken-Christmas? Pagan tradition celebrating Christ’s birth nowhere near his actual birthday. Red-clad saint shoving consumerism down our throats. The whole holiday is a melting pot of cultural appropriation. Let Asia continue to pile on more irrelevant traditions

5 Likes

Nope you won’t, go to Tianmu and figure out some of the numbering more uphill, sec.7. And there are more places likes that.

OMG my good friends live in Zhonghe and have moved three times. Each time I try to find their new place I feel like Theseus looking for the Minotaur.(Maybe I should use a ball of thread as soon as I exit the MRT station)

2 Likes

Well played.

I call you section 7 and raise you that cluster f of dead end roads by the cultural university on YMS.

Glad to hear it was not only me.

When I was working in Zhonghe, we lost 99% of applicants because they never found the building. We are talking about a building in a major industrial park. If lucky, some would call saying they were lost in Yonghe.

I think local geography and learning directions,comes slightly behind spoken english in Taiwanese schools. There seems to be a complete lack of spatial awareness ( without navigation systems)

The only one that knows is the mailman.

Happy New Year!

New thread here: