WCIF a "Buffalo Wing" place in Taipei?

Awesome! :thumbsup:
See you soon!
PS-What time does it start/end?

Every Thursday. We open at 6 and close when the last punter collapses off their barstool.

Anyone know if they’re opened up (again)?
I want me some wings and beer and soccer tonight.

Another place to try is Gordon Biersch in Mitsukoshi A11 two buildings over from 101, but they are not buffalo’d, they’re glazed in chili ginger, which tastes great but not buffalo great. Tone 56 used to have the best wings outside of Hooters but they closed down a year ago so that isn’t gonna help anyone. I’ll vouch for On Tap’s wings, but I think Dan Ryan’s, TGIF’s, and maybe Chili’s will have the closest to America. Might also try Outback, but IIRC they were just OK.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Thanks for the On Tap recommendation. Any address on that?

Hooters, eh? I’ll pass that along also. Is there more than one in Taipei?[/quote]

Calling On Tap’s wings ‘buffalo wings’ is like calling a Taiwanese sausage a Polish sausage. Sure they are OK as a snack, but they are not what you are looking for.

Hooters has far better wings.

No Hooters, though.

Yeah, I’ve had them. They were just normal Taiwan-style cooked wings, with different flavored dipping sauces.

Anyone know if they’re opened up (again)?
I want me some wings and beer and soccer tonight.[/quote]

They were closed down last week when i was on YongKong Jie. For like the third time. I miss them too. :frowning:

Actually, Dan Ryan’s wings are pretty good, and they definitely have beer and soccer in the bar.

Any new updates on some good places? Been craving wings for a while now

Hooters is still there, on the diagonal street behind Brother Hotel and Nanjing E. Rd. MRT station.

Chef Jason’s My Place has pretty good wings.

Jason recently opening a JASON’S WING HOUSE AT TaiZhi phone @ 2533-0203, TaiZhi street number 36 first floor. Jason offering wide variety of hot wing flavors. Go ahead bring friends and families there . Enjoy!

Had to look that up :slight_smile: Says Dazhi Street on their Facebook page

中山區大直街36號1樓, Taipei, Taiwan 104

Why go to Taiwan and look for Buffalo wings? :noway:

Why bother to go to Taiwan.

Getting these wings at second rated cookie cutter restaurants is even worse.

I won’t even waste my money and calories on these cheap thrill food. :raspberry:

Jesus! people, go home!

Can you tell it is Friday and I had to prepare budget all day.
I am in a foul mood already. :laughing:
TGIF

[quote=“jmcd”]Why go to Taiwan and look for Buffalo wings? :noway:

[/quote]

I can tell you that I certainly didn’t come here for the food.

There is a great place called Pregame that has excellent Buffalo wings. The taste is just right and you get ranch or bleu cheese dressing on the side. It’s around the soon to be Xinyi Anhe stop. They have 10 NT wing night on Tuesdays. Just as good as you would find at Hooter’s or Friday’s (IMO) and cheaper. Here’s a link to their facebook page: (They also have beer pong and brunch!)

facebook.com/pages/Pregame- … 1461217455

[quote=“gavmasterflash”][quote=“jmcd”]Why go to Taiwan and look for Buffalo wings? :noway:

[/quote]

I can tell you that I certainly didn’t come here for the food.[/quote]

I don’t expect others to enjoy the repertoire of food as I do.

When I went to the sun coast of Spain, I did not look for Texas beef or burger, I eat Serrano ham, and sardines grilled on the beach. When I was at Languedoc area of France, I did not look for Madonna Estate wine from Napa but drank the local heavenly inexpensive red wine and eat Mussels and Fries. When I was in England, Scotland and Ireland, I did not ask for American larger and pizza. I drank the best bitters and sometimes even the stout. Eat the pub foods, and fish and chips. When I was in Iceland, I did not ask for Maryland blue crab. The seafood at Iceland was so fresh and clean, it blew me away. I have to admit Iceland beer sucked big time, I had to switch to Irish beer.

It is such a shame to go to a new place and not try to connect with the food. Food will connect you to the land, the air, its history and the culture. I want to know what food they are good at and why. If you don’t understand the food, you won’t understand the people.

I do have the privilege to grow up in Taiwan. So when I am back in Taiwan, I have the connections and understandings to go for the best local dives and get the incredible old fashion comfort food. Or find out what are the new dishes, food fades, vegetables and fruits since I was there last time. It’s food heaven for me.

[quote=“jmcd”][quote=“gavmasterflash”][quote=“jmcd”]Why go to Taiwan and look for Buffalo wings? :noway:

[/quote]

I can tell you that I certainly didn’t come here for the food.[/quote]

I don’t expect others to enjoy the repertoire of food as I do.

When I went to the sun coast of Spain, I did not look for Texas beef or burger, I eat Serrano ham, and sardines grilled on the beach. When I was at Languedoc area of France, I did not look for Madonna Estate wine from Napa but drank the local heavenly inexpensive red wine and eat Mussels and Fries. When I was in England, Scotland and Ireland, I did not ask for American larger and pizza. I drank the best bitters and sometimes even the stout. Eat the pub foods, and fish and chips. When I was in Iceland, I did not ask for Maryland blue crab. The seafood at Iceland was so fresh and clean, it blew me away. I have to admit Iceland beer sucked big time, I had to switch to Irish beer.

It is such a shame to go to a new place and not try to connect with the food. Food will connect you to the land, the air, its history and the culture. I want to know what food they are good at and why. If you don’t understand the food, you won’t understand the people.

I do have the privilege to grow up in Taiwan. So when I am back in Taiwan, I have the connections and understandings to go for the best local dives and get the incredible old fashion comfort food. Or find out what are the new dishes, food fades, vegetables and fruits since I was there last time. It’s food heaven for me.[/quote]

But since I, and many more, have been in Taiwan for about 20 years, and from the sound of it a lot longer than even you, I miss a bit of home. Especially to avoid condescending comments like yours.

I missed countless Thanksgiving dinners.

I missed many a Christmas feast.

I missed so many things, but of course the most I miss is the food.

I know, I like the food I can get here. No one is arguing that. But as you realized, it isn’t “home”.

Castling is only useful when it is done correctly.

Sorry! I forgot to put a disclaimer on my post. It was meant for visitors not long-term residents in Taiwan. (Related to the OP’s post)

We all miss our childhood food. The same reason I go crazy with food when I go back to Taiwan.

If you ever come to Houston during Christmas, let me know and come by for the Christmas dinner.

Tradition in our house is standing rib roast. Being a Taiwanese, I asked my husband to give me a bone with the meat around it, instead of the prime rib portion of the steak. Too much meat for me.

Sorry again.