WCIF and WTFI Taichung's Uluru

Ok, let me explain…

WTFI in the title = WTF is…

I’ve recently been to Taichung by HSR a few times, and on the way to/from Taipei there’s a thing that always catches my attention. North of Taichung but well South of Hsinchu, and between the railway and the sea, 99% of the landscape is flat. Then suddenly a few Uluru-looking hills show up out of nowhere. A couple of them are really tiny, while one is fairly large and mostly covered in trees.

Is there anyone familiar with that area who knows where they are and could give me the google maps location? I’ve tried to look for them via satellite images, but no luck so far. I’ll not be in Taichung for a while, but I’d like to save their location for future photography trips. That area also has many unique-looking rice fields.

I’ve tried searching “Taichung Uluru” and “Taichung Ayer’s rock” on Google, but it’s useless.

@IbisWtf, this is a rather stale post, but I’m new here and just came across it.

I was searching for topics with “Taichung” when I saw this one. It intrigued me. If you haven’t figured out the location yet, here’s what I tried:

1. Google maps and start at Taichung City HSR
  2. Menu -> Terrain
  3. Head north of Taichung City while following the HSR line

I found one elevated location that may be the “uluru” you are talking about just NW of Houli district. Try searching for “National Armed Force Memorial Park” which is on top of the feature I found.

--T

It’s probably an alien landing site!