WCIF Bose Q20 noise cancelling earphones at US price?

So I’ve been eyeing these noise canceling earbuds for a while. They are 250 US dollars at the Bose website and but I went to the Bose store here at it was like 12000 on “sale” for 9600. Basically 300USD. I’m heading out to the US and I really want them for the long flight. I went to the new mall at guanhuaw called ayntrend I think. Am I stuck having to pay the Taiwan price for it or should I wait till I get to the US and get it at the regular price.

A 20% premium over US prices on this type of stuff is usually about as good as you can do here. Careful if you buy outside an official Bose shop as counterfeits are rife in name brand products like this.

1 Like

ugh looks like I might suck it up and get them. They are so comfy in my ears. I had the cheaper model but not the noise canceling ones. Regular earbud hurts in my ear after a while.

Electronics are nearly always more expensive in Taiwan than in the US. For smaller things I usually just wait to get them when I visit the US and bring them back in my luggage, or occasionally I’ll have Amazon ship to here (though sometimes the cost of shipping cancels out the savings-- you might check this with the headphones). For large things you pretty much have to just suck it up and pay the higher price here, since shipping is nearly always cost-prohibitive.

Does DownloadHelper still work for YouTube videos? If so, maybe you could download a white noise video on your phone for the trip to the US. With some good earbuds, it should block out most noise.

Then you could buy the headphones when you get to the US.

If you’re flying first class EVA, don’t they provide the noise cancelling headphones?

:wink:

not first class haha, premium class. Don’t fly enough these days to get upgrades.

Actually due to the strong dollar right now, it’s actually only about 1600 more here. And i’m guessing if they have warranty covered issues. They the bose here might not be able to help me if I got it in the US?

There’s not a lot of electronics that have global warranty coverage. Might need to consult the BOSE store in TW to clarify.

I had some headphone nerd friends back in the states and they have all mentioned BOSE has the name and quality, but price is just ridiculous when you can get similar items for cheaper.

Have you tried the small store on the third floor of the old Guang Hua market? Small snug store, but packs a lot of stuff in there. You can test out almost everything in the store.

Third Floor, No. 56 (turn right from the escalators, you can’t misss it)
店名:捷暘
電話:02-2322-2024
http://www.gh3c.com.tw/index.php?app=article&act=view&article_id=295

1 Like

I will go over and ask the store, hopefully they wont lie lol. And , i;ll try to old Guang hua, but i’ve never seen a bose store.

But jesus, my NTD is worthless with the strong dollar right now on this trip.

The post I made above is not a BOSE store, it’s a higher end headphones/earbud/speaker store.

Just trying to make your decision harder with some other options :smile:

audio technica? the reason I went with these is I had a similar brand and the bose ear buds really fit me well, and can stay in for a really long time without causing discomfort with their design of them. I can’t say for everyone, but comfort was a big decision maker for me.

Yes, but probably, but doesn’t stop there. I know AT has some pretty crappy models, but I know they make higher end as well.

If you want to know what they have before you make the trip, check out their ruten page:

You can also consider thinking about Shure headphones. My brother in law travels…a lot for work and has a pair. Says he sleeps like a baby ever since he bought them and they are awesome for the money.

I went and got it. Sound quality is pretty good for earbuds. But def paying for the Bose name a little. But the noise canceling is amazing for earbuds. And they fit perfectly in my ears. And the warranty is not covered if I buy in the US in Taiwan.

1 Like

Then it basically boils down to whether it’s worth paying $50 to have them on your flight over.

ahh, I was wrong, the dollar dropped after trump’s speech lol