WCIF Car rental with Driver in Taiwan

Is there any kind of service where you can rent a car with a driver for some hours or a day or two where at least the booking agency speaks English? Looking for one that has multiple offices in Taiwan, but if one exists around Hualien, Miaoli, Taidong, Chiayi that would be fine too.

I found this, but it appears to be in Chinese only.

This guy picked up us at the airport. He had a van but I’m sure you could ask for a sedan instead. Nice guy. We went to the taxi info desk and he showed up so I guess he checks out.

These guys are still around?

I’m trying to find a car with a driver for sight seeing in certain places outside Taipei. Think of it as renting a car, but it needs to have a driver. I’m too afraid to drive here, hence the driver. :slight_smile:

I am trying to find one with the booking company who speaks English. The driver doesn’t have to speak English as I imagine if I print out addresses and places, he can go there or I can tell the booking company the itinerary.

I was trying to find something generic in all Taiwan, but specifically looking for Hualien, Miaoli, Taidong, and Chiayi (Ali-Shan).

It occurs to me that in that case, at least for Taidong, the B&B’s usually provide transportation - pick up at the airport, for instance, and drop off at main attractions. It would be a matter of looking for an English speaking B&B and book the driver.

The one I’ve used has been only gone as far as Jiufen.

That’s a good suggestion. I could stay with a hostel or B&B and ask them to arrange a driver.

I will be in Kaohsiung early June and have been offered car rental with driver for TWD500 an hour, I need for about 6hr. Can anyone advise whether that is reasonable?

Uber