WCIF sour cream?

Jason’s at Taipei 101 has high priced sour cream in small containers.

Put a picture of Taiwan’s vice president next to a pint of UHT cream. In a mere 4.7 minutes, it will be sour cream. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can find sour cream at the Orange Mart in B1 FE21, and the one close to Science Park, just of Kwang Fu Road.

Where I can get sour cream in Taipei? And hopefully not have to venture into Tienmu? :wink:

jasons
breeze
far eastern
wellcome

You can get sour cream in Wellcome? I haven’t seen it.

I wouldn’t rely on Wellcome – they only sometimes have any. The other’s posted by AWOL are kosher. What he means by Far Eastern is a place in the basement of that mall called City Super.

Please run a Search before posting, as the question may have already been answered (numerous times in this case).

Costco’s sour cream tubs are about NT$300+ and are HUGE. You’d better plan on adding the stuff to everything you make for the next month if you buy it there. :wink:

EDIT: Just checked today – they’re NT$289 for 3 lbs.

First, this has come up again and again. You should search before posting. Second, your subject line sucks. “Where can I find sour cream in Taipei (not Tianmu)?” is a billion times better. :stuck_out_tongue:

Costco’s sour cream tubs are about NT$300+ and are HUGE. You’d better plan on adding the stuff to everything you make for the next month if you buy it there. :wink:[/quote]

How long would it keep for, DB?

We bought that giant tub about 2 weeks ago and it expires in mid-March, so I really have to try to use it or it will go bad. I recommend going with a friend and splitting it. Does anyone know if sour cream freezes well? Anyway, I could be off on the price; it might have been more, like $450, which is what two others posted. And someone said it lasts 3 months, but of course you want to check the expiry date.

Here are the locations I culled from other posts:

Muzha Man wrote: [quote]City Super

I’ll merge these threads – when I get a chance!

Since sour cream is already sour, it will keep more than 3 weeks if you use some sanitary procedures when opening and extracting. It’s the bacteria and mold spores that will cause it to go bad. Carefully peel back the edge of the plastic covering and use a large very clean spoon to ladle 2/3 of it out into two other containers. Use some plastic wrap to place over the sour cream in the two extra containers. push it down so there is no air between the wrap and the cream. Now you have three 1 lb. containers and I have been able to at least double the storage time. If one goes bad, the other stored container may keep it’s integrity.
I also use this for the large blocks of cream cheese. Works good. One container sometimes go bad towrd the end but all in all I have had much better luck keeping it.

Oh, great tips, Enigma! I’ll try that.

I buy tubs from my local wellcome’s monthly. always in stock - well has been for me. :laughing:

I buy tubs from my local wellcome’s monthly. always in stock - well has been for me. :laughing:[/quote]

Which Wellcome? Can you tell us the package size and cost please? Thanks! :rainbow:

Thank you to those of you who gave me leads on where to find a product that I rarely use. And Irishstu, I’m new to this site, therefore I didn’t know that I could do a search on previous posts. Please forgive my ignorance. However, it was really uncool of you to say that my subject line sucks…

I’m the moderator of this forum, and as a result of his post, Irish Stu has had his remaining testicle surgically implanted into his forehead. He won’t be making THAT mistake again.

A. You’re welcome
B. I was the bitch, not Irishstu. Blame me. :stuck_out_tongue: Bummer about that testicle. :laughing:
C. Welcome to Forumosa. (But your subject line really did suck. :laughing: )

Don’t take us too seriously. Cheers! :slight_smile:

Irish Stu;
The magical powers of the cow should not be overlooked. Just rub a liberal amount of that sour cream upon the thyself in the appropriate area(s) and all will be good in time. Enjoy.
:astonished: :laughing:

Double Post - Damn. Thought I had figured this out. Where’s the sour cream?