WCIF sour cream?

Where is “Taipei Station Jason’s”? Is that the one in the new bus terminal mall? :discodance: :discodance: :discodance:

(I mean, I found the address and saw the map, but the google map is not very clear. <http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=zh-TW&q=100臺北市承德路一段1號&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_zh-TWTW291TW291&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il>)

Where is “Taipei Station Jason’s”? Is that the one in the new bus terminal mall? :discodance: :discodance: :discodance:

(I mean, I found the address and saw the map, but the google map is not very clear. <http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=zh-TW&q=100臺北市承德路一段1號&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_zh-TWTW291TW291&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il>)[/quote]

Yep, Q Square “京站”

that is so great. now i don’t have to trek out to 101 for Jason’s!

I learned how to make my own recently. 1 teaspoon of lemon juice added to 1 cup of cream. Leave it for a few hours and it turns into sour cream. Adjust lemon juice to taste. I use the Anchor carton cream from Carrefour to make it.

CitySuper charge more for a small tub than a large one costs at Costco. The one in Xizhi always has it, but he one in Neihu never seems to have it. Jason’s generally has it, but they also have another German brand in a tetrapack that’s next to the cream and stuff.

Costco is also a lot cheaper for cream, same stuff, half the price…

Confirmed: only Light sour cream at Jason’s, and it is next to the packaged salads. :loco:

No, Jason’s has the normal stuff as well, but it’s from a different (German) brand and it’s in a Tetrapack right next to the large cartons of cream.

Can anyone post the name in German? :smiley:

[quote=“Enigma”]In all seriousness, can we stop with the sour cream inquiries? There are soo many posts about where to find large and small tubs, price, convenience of access, etc, it it just goes on and on ad nauseum (sp). Do a a search and find where to find both sizes and/or how to do it yourself. Just take a look. I didn’t count the posts but they are numerous.
[/quote]

Wait a second. As the OP I am going to defend this post. This was not a general inquiry, this was a “hey, it’s not where it is supposed to be, has anyone seen it” question.

My thanks for the suggestion to go to the new Jason’s at the QSquare mall (yeah, I bet THAT wasn’t mentioned in all those other sour cream posts).

That’s the one I checked out and as of Friday, there was only Light Sour Cream.

Enigma man, you cannot grasp the gravity of the situation. There is sour cream shortage! It is worse than the milk shortage! It’s a catastrophe at so many levels. What’s next, no bread?!

Well, as I said, I saw the other brand (yellow-ish Tetrapack) in the 101 Jason’s but the Australian stuff is only the light version. Maybe they figured that as it’s new year and all that, some people needed to go on a diet :smiley:

haha. :+) we did need the sour cream for some unhealthy foods…like maryland crab cakes.

we must have just missed each other icon. i was there thursday night and picked up my light sour cream before the masses came and bought up the rest.

can’t you just get normal cream and, whoops, forget to put it into the fridge?

When I make baked potato, I use normal cream and throw on some sour Gummy Bears.

Yeah, but you’re just challenged, mate!

IN other threads:

[quote=“the chief in 2005”]Not vouching for any of this stuff being reasonably priced, but…
In addition to those already mentioned, feta can be had at the supermarket in B2 of Mitsoukoshi across from Warner Village. Sour cream, too.[/quote]

EDIT – Jason’s has one-pound (454g) tubs for NT$181 as of May 3, 2010.

Confirm: No sour cream, nada, at Costco Yongher.

Costco Neihu has regularly had sour cream for a few years. Last week I did not see any on my way through (by reflex I make a mental note of these things, since I mod this area). Paco’s pasta stuff was where it usually sits, I think. I even did an extra lap of the dairy section looking for it.

EDIT: Odd that it would disappear from Costcos. Then again, it goes off very quickly, and who except a restaurant could possibly use that much that quickly? Well, at least we still have a thread on how to make your own, and there are mail-order suppliers of the inexpensive cultures for making it. :idunno: (Edit: if you want true cultured sour cream, that is. A couple tablespoons of lemon juice in some heavy cream, mixed well and let to sit for half an hour or more is a common quickie substitute.)

And the baking supply store by the Number 4 Park in Zhonghe.

You mean it has it or it is gone, too?