We cannot raise our flag but others can

Some of you may have seen this, Argentinian athletes sporting the ROC flags and wigs etc.

My question is blunt.

Do you really think they couldn’t raise their own flag?

Or are they just too beaten down and too afraid of the bogeyman they don’t even dare think to do something small but meaningful themselves.

Who cares about the rules! Its your country and your event and your people, its the closing ceremony…

3 Likes

Also at.the parade…

They want me to renounce my original nationality to get citizenship, meanwhile citizens won’t even wave their own flag or wear their own colours in a national.parade in front of the president?

1 Like

I would raise my flag. I made sure to make them put taiwan down next to my name and I brought my flag to the fight proudly my last fight. Lots of PRC nationals looking, and I stared them in the eyes to let them know you’d have to deal with this guy if you guys ever try to take the island. If anyone will ever deny me or my right to carry my flag proudly. They’d have to come inside the ring and take it.

3 Likes

LMAO. Hubris much?

Your comment is nonsense. At least Andrew has given his thoughts and his stance.

It’s not for you.

You didn’t contribute anything to the conversation.
If you didn’t notice I’m the OP and asked a question.

Anyway I’m interested to get folks feedback.
I find the situation rather odd and quite disquieting.

1 Like

I’m damn proud to be from taiwan. My family have been on the island for about 200 years.

I’ve been repping Taiwan internationally for 10 years. Above picture is us winning a tournament in ShenZhen, China. Notice the ROC flags on our shoulders.

I was LMAO about @Andrew0409 saying he was gonna take on the entire PRC military.

Ok glad we are all patriots here lol. I think you guys are more patriotic than me (you would be too if you saw how difficult they make it to get citizenship even now when I have a passport that says Taiwan ROC on it…I digress).

So what do you think?

Lack of spine?
Non macho culture?
Need a leader to show the way?
Rational and predictable behavior ?
Other reason?

It makes me seriously doubt that many folks would defend Taiwan in a show down if they can’t even get one athlete to wave the flag.

1 Like

You’re damn right. The PLA will tremble when they hear my name.

1 Like

The event is held in Taiwan, so it’s their decision to raise or not raise their own flag in the end of the day.
They could, but they didn’t. This is the answer to your question.

Just for the record, Germany doesn’t seem to raise their flags or sing the anthem in lots of International events, either. For some reasons which I’m not sure about.

Idk. Maybe they were told not to by our own government so we can hold the games. Could have been a request to hold them here.

That’s my whole point though.

Being proud of your nation shouldn’t you have one or two of the hundreds of competitors from Taiwan that just says…Screw this…I’m going to break out the Taiwan colours.

Its in Taiwan for Christ’s sake!

Some of the fans did it at the event I attended. They were told to put the flags away and the flag.went up and down in the stands a few times.
Actually I should say it was just one dude in our stand of hundreds of people .

I think it may be the fear of backlash in competing in any future international competition. I have nothing to lose in flying the roc flags. And really no ones going to come and take it in some amateur fights in like Thailand. But I did make sure to do it to rub it in the faces of a group of Chinese tourist that came to watch.

Who told them to?

The stewards walking around the stadium I think. There were also quite a few police there including armed police.

There was a rule you could bring a certain size flag in not sure if it was the permitted size or not.
The dude kept on putting it up on the wall behind the goal.

Its just so weird and kind of sad that a guy has to be so furtive with his own country’s flag!

I get that a lot of athletes are afraid of repercussions in China but I thought at least one might have the balls to make a statement on home soil.

Nope. Not even in the parade pics I’ve seen so far.

It’s probably the size? There was a bunch at the baseball game.

Amazing, this guy is under house arrest (or some restriction) because he brought a flag with the English word Taiwan on it into the games and held it up!

I didn’t know Apple daily was so anti taiwan with how they reported it. The police should be disgusted with themselves.

I don’t know how so many Taiwanese people want to be part of the PRC.