Wedding gift that are unique to Taiwan

I’m going to a wedding. I live in Taipei i’m trying to think of something thats not available in the states as a wedding gift. I was thinking a tea set. Anyone know where there’s like hand made tea pottery sets in taipei?

There may be better places, but one is the handicrafts mart on Xuzhou Road across from Taida Hospital

https://www.giftcenter.tw/zh-tw/product.php?CataP=1&Cata=60

1 Like

Seems like lots of last minute planning threads popping up in the last few days :smile:

The first thing I thought of was Ying Ge when it came to pottery, but some people are suggesting this place:

陸羽茶藝中心
台北市衡陽路64號3樓
http://www.luyutea1980.com/

You can consider buying some real jade necklaces, bracelets or rings. My family goes to this one in Neihu:

寶昇精品珠寶
114台北市內湖區康寧路一段63號
diamondgia.com.tw

1 Like

Stripper shows

I thought strippers are for funerals.

well i thought it was a wedding. oops, bit of a social faux pas then!

OK, then, how about a life time supply of plastic sandals? or perpetual rights to a bin-lang stand?

Yeah, I went to Yingge not long ago for the first time and was surprised how cool it was. In particular there’s a big open market building with many artsy stalls on Chongqing Street that I’ll return to and would be a great place for gift shopping.

To be honest, I’d go with a crystal sculpture from Tittot or Liuligongfang (琉璃工房). They have absolutely gorgeous things that leave people abroad really impressed.

Or some ceramic by Franz.

Tea sets may not be used much in the West -well, any household and may end up in a drawer. But a pretty sculpture with a tinge of the Orient may become a cherished heirloom.

I have also taken watercolors as wedding gifts, with the corresponding square metal hangers. People love that stuff as home decorations.

The Handicraft Market is an awesome place for gifts, and they wrap them up very nicely. Pity they do not offer the green bags I used to see when I worked in the airline. Those sparked my curiosity about Taiwan.

Hermana has some pretty good suggestions.

When I went back a few months ago, my two friends had just moved into their new apartments, so I brought house warming gifts in the form of ceramic sculptures from the National Palace Museum store.

I believe you do not have to go to NPM to buy the gifts. There’s also a store at the airport terminal 2: