Weights!

hey id be interesred in buying ur weights
shoot me a pm

If youā€™re interested then you can send me a PM. I donā€™t chase people down. Thanks.

[quote=ā€œFormosa Fitnessā€][quote=ā€œdarren13ā€]Donā€™t know if itā€™s possible to buy this in the Taichung area, or anywhere in Taiwan, but if anyone knows how I can get hold of :

An Olympic Barbell
and Weights to go with it (5kg, 10kg, 20kg/25kg)

that would be great :wink:

A bonus wouild be ā€œFractional Platesā€ in addition to the Weights above.

The only option Iā€™ve come up with at the moment is getting them shipped from overseas, which Iā€™d rather avoidā€¦

In hope,

Darren[/quote]
I have sets of Olympic bumpers with plates for sale. One set was sold, I have two left I think:

The price is NT25,00 and thatā€™s firm. These arenā€™t available anywhere else in Taiwan and they werenā€™t easy for me to get.[/quote]

Are the bumpers still available?

I have at least one set of bumpers and the bar left, yes. If you want them, then let me know because Iā€™m not likely to have them in again. This was a one time thing.

Nice, I was for some reason expecting that it would be hard to find gyms in Taiwan would be ideal for lifting heavy weights, but there are some with squat racks and plenty of barbells?
Are there any gyms around with any strong-man specific equipment? Iā€™d like to try using some.

Just letting everyone know we have used Olympic free weights for sale in this thread: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtop ā€¦ 8&t=113880

Thanks!!

forumosa fitness, do you know the chinese phrase for those adjustable dumbbells that you linked from ruten.com.tw before? the link is dead now and I was thinking about buying a set of those and an adjustable bench.

Also, do you have any idea where I can get those bands they use in Judo? They use it to emulate the pulling movement.

Sorry but I donā€™t know the name in Chinese for the adjustables.

The bands can be bought in that industrial section of Taipei north of the train station. I just walked around until I found them. But I donā€™t recommend them. I used mine in the park by throwing it over a tree. But I didnā€™t see the nail that was on the other side. About 5:00 into my practice I got a very rude shock when the band tore in half and slapped me in the face. User beware.

Thanks!

I Think tabata training is the absolutly best way to lose weights. And i been trying everthing. I go to gym classes but for the most i just workout at home. Now any good tabata apps fƶr Android?? The best i found so far is Mytabata. It has great videos to it

Anyone got a store for buying workout equipment in Taipei to suggest?

One of the joys of Taiwan is working-out outside. We get 9 months of summer here. I will get hauled over the coals for saying that, but thatā€™s how I see it. I fill 5 liter bottles with water and stones for dumbells + do pushups outside. The best workout equipment I ever bought were 2x250TWD pushup handles. They just lie there saying: ā€œUse me.ā€.

U may contact me for adjustable Dumbellsā€¦I work in the industry on the manufacturing side for a leading industry brand. I have both the handles and plates in stock. PM me for details should anybody be interested.

[quote=ā€œnoamchomskyā€]forumosa fitness, do you know the chinese phrase for those adjustable dumbbells that you linked from ruten.com.tw before? the link is dead now and I was thinking about buying a set of those and an adjustable bench.

Also, do you have any idea where I can get those bands they use in Judo? They use it to emulate the pulling movement.[/quote]

www.ironmaster.com They now have stock in Taiwan.

Hey guys, Iā€™m currently a PT trying to get back into shape since moving here recently. Iā€™ve recently moved to Shulin, anyone here around south new taipei keen for workouts? =)

Love it! My goal is to try to workout for a minimum of 10 minutes a day, even if itā€™s during the 2 minutes it takes to make coffee in the morning and then scattered throughout the rest of the morning. You can get pretty far with 10 minutes of squats, leg lifts, and crunches and then youā€™re usually more motivated to keep going

FAR INFRARED ANKLE SUPPORT OPEN TYPE
Hi there, I currently use this as my Ankle protector when running. Itā€™s good too.
YOu can get it from Taiwan Trade. Have a nice day!

Threads been quiet for a while - have people had luck finding Olympic barbells / weights / racks / benches now? Reached out to ironmasters - anyone able to point me in another direction? Ty in advance.

Any reason why not just join a gym that has those?

1 Like

Mayhaps they run their own gym. Or they have many monies and a big fancy house.

1 Like