Western/English-speaking Sports Physio and Ortho

Hi

I have a niggling Achilles tendon injury which has been ongoing for over 2 months and need to see a sports physio. Does anyone have personal experience with a physio in Taipei who actually knows what they are doing re sports injuries?

Also, would anyone also know a good sports orthopaedic surgeon as well? I’m in central Taipei.

Thank you.

[quote=“dizzyhytes”]Hi

I have a niggling Achilles tendon injury which has been ongoing for over 2 months and need to see a sports physio. Does anyone have personal experience with a physio in Taipei who actually knows what they are doing re sports injuries?

Also, would anyone also know a good sports orthopaedic surgeon as well? I’m in central Taipei.

Thank you.[/quote]

Dr David Hang in Shilin has a clinic that has some good massage therapists. I had achilles issues last year and the girls there did a great job fixing me up.

skosmi.com.tw/en/about.html

What’s a visit cost, bear? I’ve got this recurring ankle issue I should get looked at.

He’s not cheap. At least 1000 for a consultation. To be honest I don’t think Dr Hang is that good. But his physiotherapists are very good so if you need physio its worth seeing him the once just to get access to the physios.

He’s not cheap. At least 1000 for a consultation. To be honest I don’t think Dr Hang is that good. But his physiotherapists are very good so if you need physio its worth seeing him the once just to get access to the physios.[/quote]

I see. Thanks. And how much are physio visits? I take it none of this is covered by national health insurance.

He’s not cheap. At least 1000 for a consultation. To be honest I don’t think Dr Hang is that good. But his physiotherapists are very good so if you need physio its worth seeing him the once just to get access to the physios.[/quote]

I see. Thanks. And how much are physio visits? I take it none of this is covered by national health insurance.[/quote]

yeah no health insurance. physio would be the same, 1000 for an hour.

Okay. That’s fine if the care is decent.

Bear, thanks so much for your posts…I will try the physios out. Do you have a particular favourite physio’s name?

[quote=“the bear”][quote=“dizzyhytes”]Hi

Thank you.[/quote]

Dr David Hang in Shilin has a clinic that has some good massage therapists. I had achilles issues last year and the girls there did a great job fixing me up.

skosmi.com.tw/en/about.html[/quote]

on somewhat the same topic, does any one know a good english speaking chiropractor in the city? preferably one that is covered by health insurance.

thankx

[quote=“dizzyhytes”]Bear, thanks so much for your posts…I will try the physios out. Do you have a particular favourite physio’s name?

[quote=“the bear”][quote=“dizzyhytes”]Hi

Thank you.[/quote]

skosmi.com.tw/en/about.html[/quote][/quote]

If Emma is still there then Emma but I think she’s in the USA. Dana’s good too.

Hello all,

New to the forum and Taipei, and revived this thread as I am looking for the same thing as several others it seems: a good place to get physiotherapy (also known as physical therapy depending on where in the world you’re from!).

Does anyone know if the information in this thread is still somewhat valid given that it is several years old? I am looking to find an English-speaking physio to help rehab an injured shoulder.

Thanks in advance!

Well David Han is still there, but I have no idea if he has any good therapists anymore. Last time I went there he was using students. I had a shoulder rehab done recently but by a non-English speaking physio. Details are in the related thread.

Thank you for the information - sorry for the slow reply, I’ve been out of Taiwan for the last couple weeks.

As to the related thread, which one do you refer to, please? The link above skosmi.com.tw/en/about.html to “Shin Kong Orthopedic Sports Medicine Institute”?

yes that’s the one

Thanks!

Are you still looking for a PT? My name is Jeffrey. I’m a US trained PT with a doctoral PT degree from NYU. I have years of practicing experience both in New York and Taiwan. I’m specialize in orthopedic and neurological injuries as well as post surgical care. I can do home care PT too. If you want to find a PT in Taipei, you can just send me an email: ccw394@nyu.edu

Jeffrey Wu, PT, MS, DPT, CKTP, CAMP