Western style/more romantically arranging florist in Taipei city?

I reserved a nice private room for Chinese Valentine’s Day getting the chef to make all my gfs favorite dishes from Italy. But the problem is living in taiwan every time I get flowers they’re like very Taiwanese style or one of those congratulations bouquet people give to each for random things like a promotion in taiwan. Anyone know somewhere I can get more of a western romantic style arrangement?

Say what? Roses are roses.

I’m saying the arrangement of the flowers is not really romantic. It seems more flowers are given for like those baskets bouquets for events like weddings or opening of shops to congratulate them vs romantic arrangements for someone.

Your girlfriend Italian? How does she knows what good dishes are from Italy?

Any way if you know a place that prepares authentic Italian food then you better share it here!

Yes. She’s Italian.

I mentioned the place before. It’s not very fancy and in like xinyi. But it’s fucking good. The most authentic place she says. I might do a more full write up for them. I’m almost hesitant to share as they’re not a big place abd I don’t want everyone to know and pack it.

So do you know a place or not lol. I just shared a really nice restaurant with you. It’s on Monday and I don’t have much time left.

But no one knows what I’m talking about, about how floral arrangements are here?

A quick look turned this up, are these romantic enough

http://taipeiflowers.com/

1 Like

I honestly can’t tell non-romantic flowers from romantic flowers. I thought no matter what kind of flowers, they are going to be romantic.

You might want to give Taipei Floral Market a try over behind Costco in Neihu. A friend’s family owns a shop there and when he was working there, he regularly posted his works on FB. They seemed…nice? If you give them a picture of what you want, that could help.

Hi there,

A friend of mine sent me this link, because they thought you needed some help. My wife and I run Avignon Florist. You can find us at Avignonflorist.com. Right now it is about 3pm. If you give us a call at 02 8792-6740 soon, we can still hook you up for Valentine’s Day. You can also place an order through the website.

Best regards,
Dave and Vanessa
Avignon Florist

1 Like

There’s a good florist on Keelung Road, just south of Xinyi Road. Not cheap, but they do nice bouquets that don’t look like someone died.

Beautifully done! Will order from you guys again. Thank you for doing this so last min.

Why are you doing this to us? Now within 24 hours on the main section of the forum we’ll get a thread like:" WHY IS THE WHOLE WESTERN CULTURE CONSIDERED TO BE MORE ROMANIC THAN THE EAST ASIAN ONE, AND WHAT CAN ASIAN MEN DO TO BE MORE ACCEPTED?"

Goddammit, I can already sense him typing a God-forsaken wall of text about the underrated Asian romanticism.

I mean the florists here look like they’re either doing something for a funeral, wedding, banquet or for my mom. Maybe Taiwanese girls won’t know the difference but it’s a difference in taste I suppose. I just happen to be looking for something like this for my gf. I know this is what she would like.

That’s not very n attractive especially with the “Wikileaks founder Julian Assange” wrapping paper. Where are the flowers?

By the way, nice headshot of your girl in the background. Why isn’t she smiling?

No, you unromantic you. No.

1 Like

I think it’s really niceIMG_1750

1 Like

No no no. Taiwanese guys give nice bouquets. With cute plush toys in them.

I like it.

There is this place near my house that went all the way with a heart shaped bouquet. Some lucky girl got it as it was reserved.

It’s the thought that counts.