Wack Things in Taiwan 2017

Personally, I always think of 火鍋 as 活該. I mean, boiled meat and vegetables, and extruded fish paste dyed in neon colors…

To park them! :scream:

1 Like

Saw a guy do the exact same thing except on a ubike, slammed into a car that was turning. He went through a red light and the car had right of way.

I am not sure if it is selfish behavior or ignorance.

I love how eejit becomes idjit when translated into Spanish :slight_smile:

I took it from Supernatural’s Bobby’s memes. Natives!

Pinyin? What pinyin? We were never taught the tongue of the red rebels.

I’ll never…ever get over coworkers clipping their nails at their desk.

Never.

1 Like

You haven’t seen nothing yet! :scream:

Once came back to my scooter and there was a guy sitting on it clipping his toenails onto it.

Picture it.

People clip nails anywhere, anytime!

I carry my clippers now to take advantage of the opportunities.

[this just went down on Zhongshan Rd, biggest road in town]

I pull away from a set of traffic lights after a red, then jam on the brakes as the 2nd car in the oncoming line has veered across into my lane and is now stuck there, not moving. I swerve around and pass him to the right. As I look across at the car, I see a-Bei (granddad) in the driving seat, with Xiao Wang (2 yrs old, at most) on his lap and both the toddler’s hands on the wheel. a-Bei is smiling delightedly, and it is so funny, 'cos look! Xiao Wang has just steered the car the wrong way!

How hilarious. How safe.

1 Like

don’t think too much silly foreigner! the a-bei won’t kill anyone. its just for fun!

until somebody horrifically dies, then its an accident :wink:

Xiao Wang will probably end up being an ace driver…if he makes it to 18.

Angry side: The nail clipping in public drives me nuts. Stop f*cking doing that on the MRT!

Analytic side: the happy clippers don’t think they are in “public”; they view that as “their space.”

Guy

an girl i was dating clipped her nails in public…not gf material at all!

So it’s socially acceptable to clip your nails in public in Taiwan? That settles it. I’m moving to Taiwan.

Fingernails, yes. Toenails…not so much, but that doesn’t keep some people from doing it.

And digging deep for boogers in public transportation…And burping. And hacking a lougie or a betlenut stained spit on the sidewalk.

But not sneezing or coughing. You must wear a mask.

Stuff that is considered terrible manners include talking about death, putting chopsticks on your rice and handing stuff with only one hand.

2 Likes

Great, I’m in the habit of not doing those things.