Wack Things in Taiwan 2017

Whoa! Back off, lady! I personally have a strict no shorts in public (in the city at least) rule. It just attracts too many stares, and I don’t want sex-crazed xiaojies drooling on my beefy thighs. :grin:
And I never wear loafers.

Honestly, next foreigner over the age of 30 eho I see wearing shorts and not holding a basketball will get Bobby`s wrath.

You do realize siccing your dog on somebody for a perceived fashion faux pas is a criminal offense…right? They’re called fantasies for a reason, OK?

Huh. I must be even more of a slob than I realized. Nine months out of the year here you’ll only catch me wearing trousers if I’m either at work or commuting.

1 Like

Then do not bust my fantasies. I see those hairy calves and go wow! Then I go upstairs and go woe.

I know it is difficult to keep the ladies off the merchandise but there must be a less cruel way.

But it’s OK for you to wear shorts, right?

I am single. I am responsible for myself. You guys represent your household, your ancestors. Do them proud. Rock em beards! Show the world what a sexy beast you are!

1 Like

Dishonor

1 Like

One would think the Central Weather Bureau would know the difference between clouds and smoke… :doh::wall:

whats wrong with shorts? did u notice taiwans weather? plus not all shorts are those long beach lounging ones… plus most taiwanese guys are not exactly fashion concious. flip flops and vests are the standard here. taiwanese girls also don’t always dress well. frilly t shirts, wanna be princess clothes and generally weird stuff… come on we are not living in milan here. and we have extreme weather to deal with on top of that.

I generally don’t wear clothes.
Its frigging hot round here.

Just thought I’d add that tidbit.

Taiwanese dress like clown second hand clothes hand-me-downs. Taipei is a working city, but hey, a few people are just enjoying their day, so shorts are the way too go unless you have an activity that requires better.

Taiwanese also wear shorts and flip-flops and maybe even a singlet to a nice wedding so what nobody cares.

1 Like

The Ministry of Health and Welfare is deeply concerned about the declining birth rate in Taiwan. By 2020 Taiwan will have the largest senior citizen population with the smallest younger population to care for them in all of Asia.

So what is whack about this?

The Ministry of Health and Welfare just passed into law a 9 million USD annual expense to cure this problem. 3 million USD will go towards a 3000NT monthly rebate for daycare and the remaining 6 million USD will go towards diaper gift baskets for parents of newborns as incentive for having children.

6 million USD on a stupid gift basket!?!?
Hey honey, let’s have kids.
But the outrageous housing prices, stagnant wages, lack of jobs and rising cost of education will bankrupt us, dear.
No worries, we will get a gift basket with diapers!
Wow! Okay! Let’s make babies!

8 Likes

Fucking wow!

1 Like

Total bullshit , 9 million is a rounding error in their accounts.

If it had been the other way around, like 6 million invested in affordable day care and 3 million for a Sweden Denmark initial care package box, with diapers and other basic needs plus a box to sleep in, maybe it would have been more helpful, rather than the usual collusion par in the back among friends to help “struggling” local industries.

Recently there was a case in the news, a 20 year old mom of 3. Older kid is with his dad -they divorced- second child is barely a year old and she just gave birth. Long story short second child died in suspicious circumstances, apparently of starvation. It is like second of third case this year. That not counting the kids beaten to death, I have counted 3 Apple Daily covers so far. Most of these “parents” are already in the radar of authorities, having been called for everything from domestic disturbances to drug use. Yet there are no funds for social services nor anyone able to take the kids away somewhere safe. No profit there.

Yeah social services totally suck here, a lot of the parents were drug abusers as mentioned.

Is it just my office or does anyone’s colleagues, tend to print…EVERYTHING.

I worked in the states for a few years and did not see as many people printing anywhere near as much as my colleagues here in Taiwan do. Does the Outlook search function not suffice?!

E-mail from manager, print.
E-mail from colleague, print.
E-mail from supplier, print.
E-mail delaying today’s meeting, print.
E-mail stating order A is delayed, print.
Summary of orders for the day, print.

There’s some reports that I have to print due to auditing reasons, but almost all my paper is recycled from the colleagues that print…everything.

Also the price of food, fruits and veggies is not cheap at all! Especially when comparing portion sizes its pretty much the same cost as the US and more if you want to go to Western Restaurants or Coffee Shops

1 Like