Wack Things in Taiwan 2017

Doing my laundry and saw this across the way…
IMAG6097
IMAG6098
IMAG6096

No safety harness, no spotter, nothing but an 8 floor fall to solid concrete. Never in a million years would I do this.

1 Like

Welcome to the real Taiwan! :banana:

1 Like

I have several of those. From a 15th floor.

With this disregard for safety, imagine how he drives a scooter/car :dizzy_face:

1 Like

No imagination needed for the driving part. I see it every single day.

Guy

2 Likes

My Gogoro driving neighbor got a shark sticker for his ride. Very appropriate.

1 Like

Jack@ss in a fancy black car with EU diplomatic plates recklessly blazing through a red light this morning in Taipei City. This guy is clearly unable to distinguish diplomatic immunity from diplomatic impunity.

Guy

1 Like

Maybe this isn’t just Taiwan? I have a friend who’s husband is so cheap that he never orders a meal for himself. He orders for the kids and plans to eat their leftovers. I love kids and have two, but they are slimy! Ordering a meal to share is different than eating after them.

1 Like

I thought the Holy See wasn’t an EU member. :confused:

1 Like

When he gets T-boned by a taxi, we’ll see how much good that diplomatic immunity does him. :grin:

I don’t see anything wrong with that, even if only from a not wasting food perspective.

He definitely wears a helmet unstrapped when riding a scooter

Guy has to step it up. You order for yourself AND finish the kid’s meals.

How can he have a proper meal off of his kid’s leftovers?!

Maybe he has 6 kids.

1 Like

I agree @ranlee. His wife and kids order a meal, then he waits until the kids are finished before he eats. I also don’t want to waste food @Liub but I think husband deserves his own decent meal. My parents always took my brother and I with them to most restaurants and let us order what we wanted as long as we would not waste and also expected to have proper table manners which includes making sure that everyone in our group is taken care of. We definitely understood that we were the kids.
My friend says feeding the kids then waiting to clean up their leftovers is very common in Taiwan. One time we were eating fresh beef soup in Tainan. They put raw beef in a bowl and pour hot soup over it to just cook the beef and serve it with ginger. It is so good and costs about 100NT. One of the kids had poured 7up into her soup. Made for an interesting version of beef soup for him.

Speaking of crazy drivers and red lights… dropped one of the kids at school yesterday morning and was waiting for traffic to clear so I could pull out. The light behind me went red and all the traffic was clear so I started to pull out. The light was red for a few seconds when a motorbike came screaming through the light. I stopped as soon as I saw how fast he was going but hit the horn for a second.

Okay, the next thing that happened was he tried to run the red light ahead that sits right in front of the school’s entrance. He went around a car that was stopped at the lights and slammed straight into two other motorcycles that were also stopped.

Don’t imagine this fellow has any kind of diplomatic immunity so I think he may be screwed. Considered giving my dash cam footage to the cops but I think they’d have enough on him. Can’t really see his speed from my footage either, just that he’s an idiot. They know that from the way he smashed straight into two bikes at a red light.

The part that irks me the most is how fast he was going in a school zone. Kids were crossing the road at that exact moment so if the other bike riders hadn’t been there he probably would have taken out a kid or two.

Aside from an idjit -speeding in Taipei- guy must be new as one thing that irks the embassy people is that their car gets towed all the time, diplomatic plates my foot. Tickets aplenty.

He probably wants to be relocated.

EU? There are yellow or red. Yellow for unofficial relations and red for official relations.

Is that new?

I was under the impression diplomatic plates were black with the word “外” at the end of it (or at the front).

Red plates are for taxis?

It’s a yellow or red stripe on the left side of white plate with “外” inside the color area as long as I’ve been around.

2 Likes