Wack Things in Taiwan (part 3)

Wack things in Taiwan: posters on internet forums that feel it necessary to repost a picture countless times when replying. Thus giving wrist cramps to the poor suckers who have to scroll down.

He’s finally gone native.[/quote]
Given the latest subject matter, you should use the correct terminology. “Going bush” they call it.

Wack things in Taiwan: Posters who haven’t figured out how to use a scroll button on a mouse… :roflmao:

Given the latest subject matter, you should use the correct terminology. “Going bush” they call it.[/quote]
I have to agree here. I’d rather “go bush” than the alternative. :idunno:

Yeah. “Going Gore” just sounds disgusting.

I like to wack things in Taiwan.

One thing I’ll never understand in Taiwan is that people believe in all sorts of random “longevity” bullshit like rubbing snake blood on one’s skin or using a parasol to avoid “UV damage” or spending half of their time on zero sugar/starch diets but then go on scooters without helmets on. I’ve lived (cumulatively) in Taiwan for about 2 months and I already know 2 people who have had serious scooter accidents, with one barely escaping with his life but losing an eye, and the other dying. This is in a country with great public transport provisions (especially in Taipei!)

I’m not sure whether we’re talking about the same thing, but I was immediately reminded of this Taiwanese woman who was doing her PhD at a top ranked Australian university. I mean, she was supposed to be an accademic for Chrisakes, but she ALWAYS spoke in this little 5 year-old girl’s voice. Most irritating thing I’ve ever heard. Couldn’t bare having a conversation with her for more than two minutes (despite the fact that she was quite good looking). Why did she do it?[/quote]

Heh heh heh heh heh :smiling_imp:
The Japanese girls in my uni all did that pop hip, peace sign “EE-HEE!” bullshit.

So… one day… :smiling_imp: I did it too. As a look how retarded you look. And you know what? My voice can go higher and the Japanese guys said “WHITE GIRL DOES IT BETTER!”
The Japanses girls took offense (oh well, BIATCHES!) and didn’t talk to me again heheheheheheheheheeeeeeeee
My Japanses boyfriend got quite a surprise lol

A couple of months ago I was bringing a few friends to the airport, unfortunately I bought the bus tickets without looking to closely at the name of the company on the counter. Ended up in this piece of sh*t bus that was not even a direct bus to the airport, and about 15 minutes from the airport the driver stops at a bus station and a guy asks if he can take the bus to the airport the driver tells him NO, the guy starts swearing. This gets the driver going, he gets off the bus to start swearing at the guy, some of the passengers tell the driver that they have planes to catch he tells them it is not his problem if they miss their plane…

Which company?

It’s kind of retarded for passengers to ask a bus driver to deviate from his route and schedule. I’d agree that it wouldn’t be the driver’s fault if the bus is delayed. He can’t be expected to proceed with an unhinged passenger bawling at him - that would be pretty dangerous.

Sounds you dialed the wrong number and got the nyan cat instead of a restaurant:

Ooh, I did that once too (except for the swearing part). It used to be only Guo Kwang that went from that terminal in Taipei, so I didn’t even think about it, just went up to counter with no line. I ended up on Ubus, which did make it to the airport, but after a roundabout trip through Taoyuan. The driver did ask me what time my flight left as I got on (I was pretty early, so the slow route wasn’t a problem), so it seems like some of the drivers care…
I’ll never make that mistake again though.

[quote=“Chris”]How hospital waiting rooms have no reception/information desk.

Instead, you have to search the lists next to the doctor’s office doors for your name, then open the door, interrupting whatever session is in progress, to give the nurse your papers.[/quote]

YES!!! This is so weird! But I just wait until the nurse comes out. Is that the way it is supposed to happen, but like parking regulations, is never followed??

[quote=“trubadour”][quote=“Chris”]How hospital waiting rooms have no reception/information desk.

Instead, you have to search the lists next to the doctor’s office doors for your name, then open the door, interrupting whatever session is in progress, to give the nurse your papers.[/quote]

YES!!! This is so weird! But I just wait until the nurse comes out. Is that the way it is supposed to happen, but like parking regulations, is never followed??[/quote]

The upside to this is that you can register for an appoitment online and pretty much avoid any kind of wait once you get there. Talking about things going on in the same room, I had a minor surgery on my finger last week and there were about four things going on in the operating room, including one old dude having his bum done, two ladies, apparently fry cooks, being treated for minor burns and me with my ingrown fingernail.

what happened to the guys bum?

Hemorrhoids, I suppose. It was the dermatological surgery.

Hemorrhoids, I suppose. It was the dermatological surgery.[/quote]
That makes him the more embarrass worthy of the four. Having your hemorrhoids seen two with two woman and a laowai in the room. :blush:

Well, he was at least eighty…he didn’t seem to mind much. :laughing:

It’s kind of retarded for passengers to ask a bus driver to deviate from his route and schedule. I’d agree that it wouldn’t be the driver’s fault if the bus is delayed. He can’t be expected to proceed with an unhinged passenger bawling at him - that would be pretty dangerous.[/quote]

You misunderstood. It was a person outside the bus, and when the driver didn’t want to let him on (even thou the bus goes to the stop the guy wanted to go to), the guy said shit (in Chinese) the driver got pissed. Parked the bus and got out to start yelling at him… When the paying customers started to tell him not to argue with the guy, the driver said that it wasn’t his fault if we missed our planes.
@ Chris, I can’t remember the name of the bus company, it was the same terminal as Guo Kwang (which I usually take) uses.
@zyzzx, I will NEVER take that company again, also I learned to be more careful when people scream out “you going to airport, come here” to see which company they represent.

You guys think she knows what it says?

When in Japan, I saw lots of nonsensical English shirts, including one where the sentence ended with “the” and, most humorously, one that said “Please, do not pee in my bath.”

I’m assuming it is the same way in Taiwan?

But damn, “suck your own cock” almost seems too perfect for her to not know what it meant. I want to buy that shirt and give it to my female friends, I know a few that would love it.