Wack Things in Taiwan (part 3)

Would you feel better if they were wolfing down Lobster Humidor or Confit de Canard?:slight_smile:

1 Like

Are they wearing uniforms and trying to coax you into some kind of portable enclosure? If not, they’re probably just curious. And brave.

Or, obviously, developmentally challenged :scream:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/17/175467/2701734-0489403522-200.g.gif

Hey, I thought you said no tables! You just can’t trust anything a raccoon says these days. Looks like I was right about the table manners though. Didn’t your mom teach you not to chew with your mouth open?

Yeah, I know.
Shortly before that was recorded I’d found some expired Blue Curaçao chocolates in the dumpster out back of Madam Zee’s Live House, so I was totally fucked up. Next thing I know this 65-year-old drag queen named Carmine Marmalade takes me home and starts feeding me all these frigging grapes.
Not exactly my finest moment, but whaddaya going to do???

Uh-oh. Have you been experiencing any memory lapses? I worry that Carmine may have had his/her way with you after the liqueur and grape binge. Was your fur matted the next morning? Not sure if there are 12-step programs for your kind, but it’s something to consider.

I ain’t saying there was or there ain’t, but Miz Carmine may have required a rabies shot in the weeks thereafter.

Back to the men’s room. Why do people flush before peeing in the urinal, not afterwards? :scream:

I think the idea is to get the sluice running so the output gets carried away as it is introduced. I’ve seen guys do this in western countries too.
FWIW, you probably don’t really want to be getting into all the individual weirdnesses practiced by individuals in the bathroom, or we’ll be up all night.

…like no hands pee but swiping the phone instead…

So you don’t get backsplashed by the urine remnants from the person before who unthoughtfully decided not to flush.

[quote=“Dr_Milker, post:1983, topic:38330, full:true”]Would you feel better if they were wolfing down Lobster Humidor or Confit de Canard?:slight_smile:
[/quote]
I love Lobster Humidor, especially when accompanied by one of the cigars I keep in my Thermidor.

I love Lobster Humidor, especially when accompanied by one of the cigars I keep in my Thermidor.
[/quote]

I like it when they come to the table with Elvis haircuts…you know, Lobster Pompadour

An unfortunate chain of events… So the ones who don’t flush do it to save water and save the world because they did flush pre-peeing and don’t want to do it twice?

If you pee against the backside of the urinal you can reduce the backsplashing significantly. You don’t have to paint patterns in the pee pool if there is the risk of previous peers’ pee coming your way.
:beer:

Today on the side of a bus, an ad for travel in China saying: “Beautiful more than pandas.” I found that line Cute are as pandas as…

Don’t see where is the problem.

It comes across as “more beautiful than pandas” with awkward grammar. The intent was probably “beautiful, and more than just pandas”.

I didn’t have time to see what part of China they were advertising. It looked desert-ish, maybe Xinjiang?

But if you are right, maybe it was Sichuan and they wanted to point out that there is more in Sichuan than just pandas.

Anyway, I always think, if you use English for any kind of ad, consult someone who understands the language, there are so many of those running around, even in China.

Idk, maybe perhaps the fact that it’s really rude?

Oh sorry, I thought the question was in relation to the pandas! I might say hi to one of them on the metro too, if I’d never met one outside a zoo before…